Do you dream of a life where you walk to work every day along the cobblestone streets of Prague or Florence, or through the colorful street markets of Bangkok or Saigon?
Do you want the satisfaction of performing a valuable public service, assisting others in achieving their own life goals, all while traveling the world and having the adventure of a lifetime?
By gaining your TEFL / TESOL Certification through International TEFL Academy, you will be ready to live your dream of going abroad to teach, travel and explore.
8. Our Belief in Education and Our Commitment to Top Quality Training & Service
International TEFL Academy was founded on the premise that language education offers English speakers from all backgrounds the opportunity of a lifetime to experience other cultures and build relationships abroad while providing a worthy service to others. We are committed to complete transparency and integrity in representing who we are, what we do, and what we stand for.
- All students have a fundamental right to receive instruction from a trained professional teacher.
- All teachers have a responsibility to their students to provide them with the best possible educational experience, which requires professional level training.
- English language education enables millions of global citizens to enhance their lives by learning English and makes our world a better place by promoting tolerance and mutual understanding through cultural exchange.
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language provides English speakers from all walks of life with one of the greatest vehicles and most realistic opportunities to live an extraordinary life abroad.
To provide our students with the training and guidance that will enable them to travel the world while teaching English and providing a quality educational experience abroad as a trained English teacher.
Learn more about International TEFL Academy and who we are by reading our Mission Statement.
7. Accredited TEFL/TESOL Course Options to fit our Students' Needs
We are proud that all of our courses meet or exceed professional international standards:
- International accreditation from leading independent bodies in the field including IATQuO, the College of Teachers, and others.
- Requirement of at least 100 hours of academic work and 6-20 hours of live practice teaching, observation and/or tutoring.
- Instruction is provided by highly qualified university-level professors with extensive experience teaching English as a foreign language.
- Limited class sizes to ensure individual attention from instructors and an interactive, hands-on learning environment.
Each course is designed to provide students with the skills and confidence to become professional English teachers abroad. The quality and accreditation of our courses enable our students to successfully gain employment in schools and language institutes around the world.
Our online certification is the premier online TEFL Certification in the world offering the following:
- 150 hours of training;
- 20 hours of practicum;
- Free optional modules providing an additional 30 hours specialized training for teaching Business English and teaching English to Young learners;
- Live Professor Webinars.
6. International Accreditation that Meets or Exceeds International Standards
International TEFL Academy proudly uses state-of-the-art curriculum designed by leading experts in the field of TEFL TESOL training. This curriculum also meets internationally recognized for professional level TEFL certification, including: a minimum of 100 hours of academic work and 6 hours of practicum (student teaching/observation).
International TEFL Academy issues its awards through TQUK, one of the leading accrediting bodies for TEFL certification in the world that is sanctioned & recognized by the British Government. The certification is lifetime and qualifies our graduates to work in any country with an English teaching market worldwide
5. Comprehensive Pre-Enrollment Advice Provided by Experienced Admissions Advisors
At International TEFL Academy, it is our policy and belief that every person who wishes to teach English abroad must speak with advisor prior to enrolling in a TEFL course.
This is to ensure that each TEFL student will gain a clear understanding of what their job opportunities will be for teaching abroad and how the process of getting certified and hired actually works prior to committing time and money to enrolling in a TEFL course.
ITA’s team of highly trained advisors have all lived, worked, traveled and in most cases taught abroad. They receive extensive, on-going training to keep abreast with all of the latest developments relating to teaching English abroad and are available to discuss all aspects of teaching English in different countries around the world including hiring requirements, interview procedures, cost of living, visas, salaries and benefits, and more. They are also experts in TEFL certification.
To learn about free pre-enrollment advice about all aspects of teaching English abroad, please read 8 Ways Speaking to a TEFL Advisor Can Help You Teach English Abroad.
4. Lifetime Job Search Guidance from Professional Advisors
All students and graduates receive lifetime Job Search Guidance, which includes -- but is not limited to -- the following:
- Personal guidance from an experienced Job Search Advisor - Our expert Job Search Advisors are available to speak with you and correspond by email to address all of your questions and to assist you with every aspect of your job search from writing your resume/CV and cover letter, to coaching you on the interview process in different markets, to helping you assess which destinations might be the best fit for you.
- ESL job search manual: All of our graduates receive a manual detailing all relevant information for major job markets around the world, including hiring seasons, academic standards, and the interview process as well as templates for resumes and cover letters. This manual also incorporates extensive listings of online resources, including hundreds of ESL international job boards listing thousands of teaching opportunities around the world.
- ESL worldwide school directory: We will send you a directory of tens of thousands of schools worldwide that you can contact directly regarding employment opportunities.
- Referrals to preferred recruiters, placement agencies and language schools: International TEFL Academy enjoys strong relationships with schools, recruiters and placement agencies throughout the world.
- Job interview assistance for International TEFL / TESOL course participants: For students that take our four-week TEFL / TESOL course at an international location, the site director can arrange interviews or provide local contacts for your job search both during and after the training.
These services are lifetime, so students and graduates have the confidence that they will always be able to call on our resources and expertise.
The proof is in the pudding! International TEFL Academy trains more than 3,500 new English teachers every year and our graduates are now teaching in approximately 80 countries around the world.
To learn more about Job Search Guidance and support, check out this video interview with Karen Crone, Director of Student Affairs at International TEFL Academy.
3. TEFL Instruction Provided by University Level Professors
Instruction is provided by highly qualified university-level professors with extensive experience teaching English as a foreign language, and all professors must meet or exceed the following standards:
Online TEFL Course Instructors must meet the following standards:
* Hold a Masters in Education or TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or higher; a high percentage of instructors will also hold a PhD.
* Have at least one year of overseas teaching experience. Professors will share their personal experiences and insights with their students.
2. Alumni Outreach, Networking & Support
International TEFL Academy’s Alumni Association is committed to Reach, Serve, and Engage all ITA students and alumni through outreach and promotion of your experiences abroad. Building a traveling and teaching community for you is at the heart of our mission.
Connect with ITA and fellow alumni using social media and join our alumni network to meet others just like you around the world teaching abroad.
International TEFL Academy Student & Alumni Networking Website
(This site hosts your blogs, stories, photos, videos, and connects you with other alumni. You can choose groups such as Spain TEFL Class or Argentina English teaching group.)
E-mail Newsletter: Monthly newsletter including updates, alumni spotlights, job information, and other resources for teaching and living abroad.
PROMOTE your blogs, articles, pictures, and videos
PROVIDE current job updates, hiring tips, recruiters, governmental programs, visas
CONNECT current students and alumni together from around the world
Here is a list of some of our alumni blogs.
- Join our student and alumni network and other social media tools and meet others just like you around the world teaching abroad.
- Send/email us your stories, pictures, and videos or post them on our social networks.
- Tell us about your job, school, and/or employer abroad.
1. Charity & Community Outreach