If I can get a job teaching English abroad with a regular TEFL certification, why should I take this specialty course?
- Develop skills & learn teaching methodologies specific to business English, which is a large and fast-growing segment in the field of TEFL. A regular 120+ hour TEFL class will provide you with a strong foundation of basic teaching skills, but this in-depth specialty course will provide you a comprehensive skill set to meet the needs and challenges or providing English language instruction in a business context. From writing lesson plans to selecting the best materials and resources, this course will prepare you to best meet the needs of business English students.
Check out a full overview of the course syllabus here.
- Enhance your job prospects and opportunities for promotion. Businesses seeking to train their staff, as well as the students themselves, seek to receive training from the best teachers with the highest levels of skills and training specifically in the field of business English. Taking this specialty course will set you apart from thousands of other English teachers in the job market who only possess a regular TEFL certification and no specific training for teaching business English.
- Boosts Confidence & Capabilities. There is a large distinction between teaching language courses to different types of learners. From classroom management to error correction, teaching English to middle-aged executives in a professional setting is a totally different ballgame compared to teaching English to children or high school students, and can be intimidating. Taking this course will provide you with the skills and confidence you need to provide effective instruction and classroom leadership skills that business professionals are seeking.
Teaching Business English Specialty Class Structure & Professors
International TEFL Academy’s Teaching Business English to Specialty Course is a fully interactive course taught by a seasoned university-level professor with an advanced degree in TESOL or a related field and international teaching experience. Featuring a specially-designed curriculum, the course is designed to incorporate the latest in teaching methodology and best practices for teaching English to those learning English in a professional context.
Your instructor is available by email. You can send your instructor an email at any time of the day or night and will receive a response within 24 – 48 hours.
This course will be delivered entirely online through the course management system Moodle. In Moodle, students will access online lessons, course materials, tasks, and resources. All tasks will be posted in an online forum or taken as an online quiz.
Additional Highlights & Features
- Gain access to extensive digital resources, including more than 40 videos. This course incorporates dozens of video demonstrations so that trainees can gain clarity on how to implement the principles and practices taught throughout this class. It also includes 10 step-by-step sample activity plans & 5 EFL real-life Teacher Stories (known as "vignettes") from abroad of how to apply lessons and techniques and to provide context.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Developing a Business English Course from scratch. Learn how to develop a comprehensive business English course based on the needs and goals of your students.
- Peer to Peer Interaction. Each week your course instructor will post a discussion topic in the forum labeled Peer Participation. To receive full points, you must post a minimum of two posts per discussion topic.
- Gain an understanding of common cultural differences and how they relate to teaching business English. Whether it's in the classroom or workplace, cultural differences and sensitivities can play a major role in in the learning process for business professionals. In this course, you will learn how to effectively navigate & understand cultural differences so that you can provide the best possible learning experience to your students.
- Accessible through multiple devices, including mobile. Also, no need for a webcam or Microsoft Word.
- Immediate access to your certificate. Once you have successfully completed the course, a digital/printable version of your certificate will be available immediately (no need to wait for the mail!). NOTE: The certificate you receive for this course is separate from the certificate you receive for your 170-Hour TQUK-accredited Online TEFL Course or the onsite TEFL course that you complete through International TEFL Academy.
- Comprehensive textbook. From lesson plans and teaching tips to job market insights, this fantastic resource is available on our Textbook Page.
Eligibility & Enrollment
- You must be an enrolled International TEFL Academy (ITA) student or graduate to enroll in this course.
Not an ITA student? Fill out a form to receive detailed information about TEFL certification and job search guidance for teaching English abroad & teaching English online.
- Tuition for this class is $279. Please check our Dates & Tuition page for more information (including discounts).
- You must begin your 30-Hour Teaching Business English Course only after you have successfully completed your standard TEFL class.
- Ready to enroll? Call your ITA Admissions Advisor or visit our Dates & Tuition page for more details about enrollment.