What's it like to live and teach English in China?
Watch this video to see ITA Ambassador, Jessica Stanton, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Chongqing, China.
In this video, Jessica covers:
- A tour of her Chongqing apartment
- Teaching English in Medellin, Colombia before moving to China
- Dating in China
- Securing her job prior to moving to China & Z-visas for working legally in China
- What happens if you try to teach English in China without a visa
- Being a person of color in China
- A tour of her school and shows us where she works
- Interviews her fellow American TEFL teachers about what they like about Chongqing
- Takes us into her classroom to meet her adorable students
- Her teaching schedule and the ages of the children she teaches
- A breakdown of her monthly expenses in terms of salary, rent, utilities, transportation, food & drink, etc