- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
Does My TEFL Certification Expire?
Written by: International TEFL Academy
Last Updated: February 25, 2020
The short answer - No. Your TEFL certification never expires and never needs to be renewed.
What are the advantages of lifelong TEFL certification?
Lifelong TEFL certification gives you freedom and flexibility to teach English abroad whenever you wish in the future. Completing your TEFL certification, either in person classes or online, should be the first thing on your list before you teach English abroad, but once it's done, it's done. You have the freedom and flexibility to put it to use immediately teaching English abroad or to simply check it off on your to-do list as the first step towards your adventure.
Like a college degree, it is a qualification you will have for the rest of your life. You never have to take additional training or coursework to renew it. You can teach English in Mediterranean Europe in your twenties and then retire as an English teacher in a coastal city in Southeast Asia in your fifties. It is your golden ticket to use for the rest of your life whenever you wish to teach English abroad.
Does the job search guidance expire?
With your lifelong TEFL certification, you also have lifelong Job Search Guidance. This means that if you teach in one country and then in one year, three years or five years, you decide that you wish to teach in a different country, you will be able to count on the resources, contacts and expertise of ITA's job search guidance to assist you in finding opportunities teaching English abroad all over the globe. As a graduate of International TEFL Academy, you will enjoy lifelong access to the following resources.
Personal guidance from an experienced Job Search Advisor - Our expert Job Search Advisors are available to speak with you and correspond by email to address all of your questions and to assist you with every aspect of your job search from writing your resume/CV and cover letter, to coaching you on the interview process in different markets, to helping you assess which destinations might be the best fit for you.
ESL job search manual: All of our graduates receive a manual detailing all relevant information for major job markets around the world, including hiring seasons, academic standards, and the interview process as well as templates for resumes and cover letters. This manual also incorporates extensive listings of online resources, including nearly 100 ESL international job boards listing thousands of teaching opportunities around the world. ESL worldwide school directory: We will send you a directory of more than 20,000 schools worldwide that you can contact directly regarding employment opportunities. Referrals to preferred recruiters, placement agencies, and language schools: International TEFL Academy enjoys strong relationships with schools, recruiters, and placement agencies throughout the world.
Founded in 2010, International TEFL Academy is a world leader in TEFL certification for teaching English abroad & teaching English online. ITA offers accredited TEFL certification classes online & in 25 locations worldwide and has received multiple awards & widespread recognition as one of the best TEFL schools in the world. ITA provides all students and graduates with lifetime job search guidance. ITA has certified more than 25,000 English teachers and our graduates are currently teaching in 80 countries worldwide.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- How Quickly Can I Get TEFL Certified and Begin Teaching English Abroad?
- 7 Critical Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing the Best TEFL Class
- 7 Key Tips to Choosing the Best TEFL School
- How Will I Complete the Practice Teaching for My Online TEFL Course?
- What is Accreditation for TEFL Certification Really All About?
- 5 Key Tips to Help You Pick the Best TEFL Certification Course (and Not Get Ripped Off)
- What Are Basic Start-up Costs for Teaching English Abroad?
- Can I Use My TEFL Certification to Teach English in the United States?
- Can I Teach English Abroad Without Teaching Experience or an Education Degree?
- Is ITA's Online TEFL Certification Course Valid and Accredited?
- 5 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree
- Top 5 Countries to Make the Most Money Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- 10 Companies Where You Can Teach English Online to Adults
- Coronavirus FAQs: TEFL & Teaching English Abroad or Online - What Are My Options?
- Planning to Teach English Online? 4 Reasons You Need ITA's Teaching English Online Specialty Class
- 5 Reasons You Should Take an ITA Specialty Class After Completing Your TEFL Certification
- Introducing Your 2020 International TEFL Academy Teach Abroad Film Festival Finalists
- Saving Earth - Beyond The TEFL Classroom