International TEFL Academy Class Accreditation
International TEFL Academy proudly uses curriculum provided by INTESOL WORLDWIDE for our Online, Chicago, San Diego, Barcelona Spain, Costa Rica & Nicaragua course. INTESOL WORLDWIDE is one of the global leaders in TEFL/TESOL curriculum, and has been training students since 1993. The curriculum also meets British Council and TESOL requirements of a minimum of 100 hours of academic work and 6 hours of practicum (student teaching/observation). We are part of their umbrella of TEFL schools, we are accredited under their name and we are listed as INTESOL USA on their site.
The Truth about TESOL / TEFL Course Qualifications
- Potential employers seek out teachers who have been trained to a high level.
- Potential employers seek out teachers whose course has been accredited by an independent accrediting body.
- There is no single internationally recognized TEFL / TESOL qualification. To address this problem we chose to work with the TQUK by gaining accreditation by the TQUK we have ensured that our TEFL / TESOL certificates are among the most widely recognized anywhere in the world.
Looking for the "straight talk" on what accreditation is all about?
Read this article, "What is Accreditation for TEFL Certification Really All About?"
Typical International TEFL Academy Students:
- Are serious about earning a quality TESOL / TEFL Certification.
- Are seeking the best accreditation from an independent accrediting body.
- Decide on quality rather than price alone because they realize that they are investing in their education and their future.
- Understand that a highly qualified, experienced instructor, an exceptional curriculum and excellent accreditation are absolute necessities in TESOL / TEFL Certification training.
- Want a qualification that is from a course provider recognized throughout the world.
- Need to be able to successfully apply for any teaching position throughout the world and not just for the company that trained them and not just in volunteer positions!
Know the value of a qualification awarded by an independent accrediting body.
Information on TQUK Endorsement
INTESOL Worldwide issues its awards through Training Qualifications UK (TQUK). TQUK is an Ofqual Recognised Awarding Organisation based in the United Kingdom.As the leading provider of quality TEFL/TESOL courses across the world, INTESOL is proud to bring you qualifications which have been accredited as being at NQF Levels 4 (online course) and 5 (Chicago, San Diego, Barcelona Spain and Heredia Costa Rica courses) by TQUK. TQUK is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator).
As the leading provider of quality TEFL/TESOL courses across the world, INTESOL is proud to bring you courses which have been accredited by TQUK as being equivalent to QCF (Qualification & Credit Framework) Levels 3 to 7.
TQUK is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator). TQUK is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator). If you want to check that TQUK is on the Ofqual register please click on the link below: http://www.register.ofqual.gov.uk/Organisation/Details/RN5355
Knowing that the TESOL/TEFL qualification you seek to obtain will be internationally recognized is important. Before deciding on the TEFL/TESOL course you will study it is essential that the course provider can satisfy you with answers to the following questions:
- Is the course provider independently accredited / endorsed and inspected?
- Can potential employers check directly with the independent authority responsible for accreditation?
- Is a contact address, name, phone number and contact email address provided?
- Does the advertising and promotional material give a clear and truthful account of the courses offered, especially regarding level?
- Is a course syllabus available?
- Is instructor support of high quality and consistent throughout the provision and do all the tutors have appropriate qualifications and experience?
- Is the prospective student made aware, prior to enrollment, of all the terms and conditions of the course?
- Can prospective learners talk to a responsible person at the provider institution and ask any questions they wish?
- Is there adequate course documentation describing the goals, scope, nature and procedures of the course to enable participants to make informed decisions about enrollment?
- Is assessment linked to accreditation by nationally recognized bodies?
Studying with a TQUK qualification with INTESOL
What This Means to You, the Student!
- It means your training is of the highest quality.
- It means your course has been endorsed by TQUK as being benchmarked at the equivalent level on the QCF to reflect the appropriate challenge to the learner at the respective level, a requirement often asked for by potential employers worldwide.
- It means your course is internally verified and this procedure is checked by our awarding organization, TQUK.
- It means you will receive a Course Transcript from TQUK showing what you have studied.
- It means that employers worldwide will know that your course is of a high academic standard.
- It means your course provider is inspected bi-annually.
- It means your course provider and your accrediting body are investing in quality and will give excellent service.
- It means we don't just pay an annual fee to an association so we can put their logo on our website.
For further information on TQUK please visit the website at www.TQUK.org.
If you would like to contact TQUK ( www.tquk.org ) to check our status, it will be listed under INTESOL Worldwide.
International TEFL Academy is the part of the INTESOL Worldwide network and is listed under INTESOL USA on their website.
Some of our other International TEFL courses are accredited by the College of Teachers, ACCET, IATQuO.
The College of Teachers is a chartered body with the power to award officially recognized UK qualifications from introductory certificates through to professorships. It has a very long and illustrious 158 year history as a pioneer in education in the UK and overseas despite its diminutive size (such as developing the original UK school exams and investing the first professor of education).
The College was incorporated by Royal Charter as the College of Preceptors in 1849, and changed its name to the College of Teachers in 1998. The College has the same status to award qualifications through its charter as any university in the UK and as such it does not require validation from any body other than the Privy Council Office.
The College awarding powers from the Royal Charter allows the College to make awards that carry official UK academic dress and post-nominal designations for those achieving Associateship or Fellowship levels.
The College awards professional qualifications which run alongside HE qualifications and can be benchmarked to them. The College qualifications are professional awards which are equivalent to UK academic qualifications (the Fellowship qualification is recognized as being at Master's degree level, for example).
The British Council regards the College Of Teachers; University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate; Trinity College, London and all UK universities as acceptable validating bodies. The College qualifications are accepted all over the world and are accepted by the British Council as valid qualifications for teachers in their accredited schools at certificate and diploma levels.
Our courses in Italy (Florence, Sardinia), Hungary, Turkey, Peru are accredited by the College of Teachers.
ACCET was founded in 1974 for the purpose of improving continuing education and training and has been officially recognized by the U.S. Department of Education since 1978 as a "reliable authority" as to the quality of education and training provided by the institutions we accredit. In 1998, ACCET became the only recognized accrediting agency to be certified as an ISO 9001:2008-Quality Management System, under the international standards established by the International Organization for Standardization, and continues to hold that unique status.
Accreditation serves the interests of companies, agencies, and the public through the establishment of standards, policies, and procedures in conjunction with an objective third-party professional evaluation designed to identify and inspire sound education and training practices. When such a process is matched by an institution's commitment to high standards and accountability, a partnership for quality becomes reality.
Our courses in Boston, Argentina, Brazil and Chile are accretited by ACCET.
IATQuO - The International Accreditation of TESOL Qualifying Organisations (IATQuO) exists to promote and maintain internationally acceptable standards in the training of teachers of English to speakers of other languages. It wishes to encourage organisations dedicated to professional standards in training teachers for TESOL, wishing to maintain their professional independence and who in many instances may not have substantial financial resources.
To achieve this we provide initial and ongoing external validation/accreditation services to training organisations who request them. We also encourage training organisations to subscribe to our validation services if they do not already subscribe to them, or to any comparable validation or accreditation scheme.
One of the most important reasons for our existence is to help potential trainees, when they come to choose where they want to train as a teacher of English, to distinguish between institutions whose prime concern may not be quality of training and those who are committed to quality.
A second reason is to offer a similar choice to teacher trainers wishing to apply for teacher training jobs.
What is IATQuO?
It is an accreditation organisation for TESOL training centres who subscribe to the aims expressed above and who are prepared to undergo and pay for external scrutiny.
It is secondly a not for profit organisation dedicated to implementing the aims and objectives expressed in the mission statement at the beginning of this website.
The organisation operates solely on the income generated by selling its services and is not financially aided by any single body or institution.
Our courses in Toulouse, Prague Czech Reputlick and Madrid Spain are accredited by IATQuO.