- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
Teaching English in Turkey & TEFL Certification in Istanbul
Written by: International TEFL Academy
Last Updated: February 5, 2020
Discover Turkey - One of the Best Job Markets for English Teachers in the World!
- Would you like to live and work in a land once traversed by Alexander the Great, Byzantine Emperors and Ottoman sultans like Suleiman the Magnificent?
- Do you want to teach English in a country boasting more Greco-Roman ruins than Greece and some of the most spectacular beaches in the Mediterranean?
- Can you see yourself living in a city that Lonely Planet noted is the most "Hippest" in the world?
Boasting history that stretches to the birth of civilization itself, Turkey offers the cosmopolitanism of Europe combined with the flavor and mystique of the Middle East. In the capital city of Istanbul, which traces its roots to the ancient city of Constantinople, you can stroll through the bazaars, palaces and mosques of the old Ottoman city and feel as if you are in the world of the Thousand and One Nights. Hop two miles up the road where streets are lined with upscale boutiques, chic nightclubs and cutting-edge restaurants and you’ll be hard-pressed not to think that you are in Milan or Madrid.
An English speaker who wants to live in Turkey as a local is in luck as astronomical demand for English language instruction has created a nearly insatiable demand for English speakers to be hired to teach English in Turkey. Foreigners who teach English teachers in Turkey can expect to make a middle class wage and to receive a work visa, and in some cases, benefits like health insurance and perhaps even a housing stipend.
The two major requirements that most schools insist on when hiring English teachers are a TEFL certification and a college degree. So if you want to teach English in one of the most beautiful and historic countries on earth, why not earn your TEFL certification in the heart of it all. Here are several reasons why International TEFL Academy’s TEFL course in Istanbul fits the bill.
A Perfect Course Location in One of Istanbul’s Most Historic District.
International TEFL Academy’s TEFL course in Istanbul is located in Kadikoy, a popular shopping and residential neighborhood on the Asian side of the city. Tracing its origins to the ancient Greek settlement of Chalcedon, Kadikoy offers convenient access to the Bosphorus and is known for its elegant 19th century architecture and its numerous shops and restaurants. Here TEFL students can experience the authentic essence of Istanbul away from the throngs of tourists that crowd some other parts of the city.
Small Class Sizes and Instruction Provided by Experienced University Level TEFL Instructors
Students taking the International TEFL Academy TEFL course in Istanbul benefit from a low student-teacher ratio and from receiving instruction from professors boasting years of experience both teaching English to non-native speakers and training new English teachers as well as advanced academic credentials.
Live Practice Teaching with Local Turkish ESL Students (not role-playing with other teachers in training!)
The Istanbul TEFL course is located in a prominent local language school, providing ideal opportunities for TEFL students to gain valuable hands-on teaching experience working with local Turkish ESL students.
Receive Personal Job Placement Assistance Finding English Teaching Jobs in Turkey and Lifetime Job Search Guidance Worldwide
The staff in Istanbul is extremely well established and connected with the local job market and will provide comprehensive training and assistance to students and graduates for finding teaching jobs in Istanbul and in Turkey.
Earn an Internationally Recognized TEFL Certification That Will Qualify You for Thousands of Jobs Teaching English in Turkey and Worldwide – The International TEFL Academy course in Istanbul, Turkey meets international standards as set forth by the British Council for both the number hours of academic training and coursework (international standard is 100 hours) and practice teaching (international standard is 6 hours). This certification does not expire and will qualify those who earn it for tens of thousands of English teaching jobs not only in Turkey, but around the world.
Founded in 2010, International TEFL Academy is a world leader in TEFL certification for teaching English abroad & teaching English online. ITA offers accredited TEFL certification classes online & in 25 locations worldwide and has received multiple awards & widespread recognition as one of the best TEFL schools in the world. ITA provides all students and graduates with lifetime job search guidance. ITA has certified more than 25,000 English teachers and our graduates are currently teaching in 80 countries worldwide.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- Teaching English Abroad: Tips for Job Interviews on Phone and Skype
- Adjusting to Turkish Life: An American Woman in Ankara
- 12 Things I Wish I Knew Before Moving to the U.A.E. to Teach English
- Istanbul, Turkey English Teaching Q and A with Liz Rippon
- Tips for Finding Work as an ESL Teacher in the Middle East - Tunisia, Jordan, Iraq + More
- 6 Great Reasons to Teach English in Istanbul, Turkey
- How I'm Funding Traveling in Asia While Living & Teaching English in Vietnam
- My Transition to Adulthood Through An Istanbul TEFL Adventure
- Istanbul, Turkey English Teaching Q&A with Valerie Davila
- Ankara, Turkey English Teaching Q and A with Chris Brandon
- 10 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- 10 Companies Where You Can Teach English Online to Adults
- 7 Companies That Hire Non-Native English Speakers to Teach English Online
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree