How to Enroll for Your 11-Week Part-Time Online TEFL Course with International TEFL Academy + Critical Next Steps
Here are the steps you need to take to enroll for your 170-Hour Online TEFL Certification Course with International TEFL Academy. Internationally accredited by TQUK and listed by OFQUAL at Level 5 (the highest level for professional level TEFL Course courses), this award-winning part-time 11-week course is designed to accommodate those who want to earn their TEFL certification while working or going to school full-time. This includes information on how to order textbooks and enroll in TEFL Specialty Courses, in addition to your standard Online TEFL Course.
In addition to your TEFL course enrollment, this article includes an overview of important "Next Steps" that take place once you register for your course. This includes how you will access essential information for:
- Receiving your course login,
- Joining the ITA Alumni Association,
- Participating in the ITA Alumni Referral Program,
- Accessing TEFL Job Search Guidance
1. Go to the 11-Week Online TEFL Course Page to Register
Click here to open the page and select your course date. This page includes detailed information about the course itself, including pricing (tuition), discount updates, and dates.
Please note that the course registration portal is about a quarter of the way down the page and may take a few moments to load.
2. Select the Pink "Register" Button & Choose Your Course Date
You can also select "more dates" to see additional course dates that are available for enrollment. Once you click on your desired course date, you will be taken to the "Check out on the shopping cart. During this first part of the registration process, you will be asked to provide some basic personal information. Please note that if you enroll more than one student, each student must fill out a separate order.
3. Add TEFL Specialty Courses & Textbooks to Your Order
At this part of the process, you will also have the opportunity to add a course textbook and any TEFL Specialty Courses. When you click one of the options, you will be able to select your TEFL Specialty Course(s). When you click to add a specialty course or a textbook to your order, you will get directed to a separate page. Do not be alarmed! Once you add your selected course or textbook, your entire order will be seamlessly combined in a single order. Please note that you will need to fill in your basic information for each product (Specialty TEFL Course and textbook) that you order in addition to your Online TEFL Course.
DISCOUNT TIP! ITA Students & alumni can enroll for TEFL Specialty Courses at any time, but you will save $50 for each specialty course that you sign up for IF you register for your specialty course(s) when you enroll for your standard 170-Hour Online TEFL Course.
4. Payment Plan Option: Select “Pay in Full” vs. “Pay Deposit”
Once you add your course to your shopping cart and proceed to the "Checkout" step, you will have the option to pay full tuition or a deposit (the deposit would be equal to one-third of tuition). If you choose the deposit option, you will have the option to select paying your tuition in two or three installments. Learn more about payment plans here.
5. Terms & Conditions
Also, during "Checkout" you will be required to accept the "Terms & Conditions" to proceed with your course enrollment. This document addresses refund, transfer, and cancellation policies. Review the Terms & Conditions here.
6. Review & Finalize Your Order
After completing your order and accepting the Terms & Conditions, you will review and confirm your order before paying with your credit card. If you have any issues, please call your advisor or the ITA general line at 773-634-9896 for assistance. If you don't want to pay with a credit/debit card, you can also pay for your tuition through electronic bank transfer, PayPal, certified check, or money order. Please call your advisor or ITA at 773-634-9896 for more information.
Important Next Steps
So what happens next after your pay for your course? Here are some important next steps.
1. Confirmation Email
After enrolling, you will be sent a Confirmation Email confirming your place in your course and containing some additional basic information and instructions, including:
- Submitting a copy of a government-issued ID & confirming submission of your Terms & Conditions;
- A link to your course syllabus containing information on textbook and course materials, assignments and task outlines, grading, practicum, course policies, and contacting your professor;
- Guidance for how you can prepare for your online TEFL course;
- Instructions for how to connect with the International TEFL Academy Alumni Association, including country-specific Facebook groups and links to access exclusive travel discounts for ITA students and alumni.
- NOTE: Please note that if you purchased any of our PDF textbooks with your TEFL course enrollment, the link to download your digital copy is in your receipt.
2. Course Login Email
You will also receive a separate email containing your course login. The content for your 11-week TEFL course will be uploaded to your course login the Friday before your course starts. You will, however, notice that within your course login, you'll have immediate access to our optional pre-grammar course module. The pre-grammar course module is an optional resource that you can complete before your 11-week course begins - if you choose to complete it, it's a great way to prepare for the grammar concepts we'll cover!
3. Accessing Job Search Guidance
Once you enroll and your documents have been submitted (including a copy of your government-issued ID), you can access Job Search Guidance resources & guidance. In addition, during your online course, you will receive emails from our Student Affairs Department with important information and links to help you access important resources and contact Student Affairs to get in touch with an advisor for individual guidance.
IMPORTANT! Your TEFL job search process will be far more efficient and productive if you read through some primary job search resources before setting up an appointment with a Student Affairs Advisor. These resources will include:
- Job Search Guidance Manual
- ITA Teach Abroad Checklist
- Student Affairs Job Search Webinar
- Ultimate ITA Alumni Guide
Again, you will receive information about how to access these resources and how to contact Student Affairs in the Confirmation Email you receive upon enrollment for your Online TEFL Course.
4. ITA's Alumni Referral Program
Did you know ITA's students & alumni can earn $100 USD for each friend they refer to ITA? That's an easy way to earn back the cost of your TEFL Class or make some money on the side. Once you enroll in your Online TEFL Course, you will receive an email from your Admissions Advisor with information on the Referral Program and how you can make some extra cash while also helping your friends begin their own great TEFL adventures!
Have You Previously Unsubscribed from ITA Emails?!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have unsubscribed from ITA "marketing emails," you will need to resubscribe to receive important news related to your ITA TEFL course as well as Job Search Guidance resources and alumni opportunities.
You can resubscribe yourself by finding a previous International TEFL Academy email. Here are a couple of ways that you can resubscribe:
- Fill out any form on the ITA website, and you should receive a notification or email giving you the option to resubscribe to International TEFL Academy emails;
- We recommend searching for "Teaching English Online & Abroad: The Information You Requested from International TEFL Academy" or "You've Been Assigned an ITA Admissions Advisor!" Go to the bottom of any such emails and click "Email Preferences" in the email footer (at the bottom) to reach the resubscription page (see below).
- Call your ITA Admissions Advisor if you continue to have problems resubscribing to ITA emails.
Please click the Resubscribe button. We promise that we will do our best only to send emails with information relevant exclusively to International TEFL Academy enrolled students & alumni.
If you have any questions or concerns with the process of enrolling for your Online TEFL Course, please contact your advisor or call us at 773-634-9900. Our team is here to help!