An Insider's Perspective on Teaching English in China
Want to know what it's like to teach English in China - the largest job market in the world for teaching English abroad?
Meet Jonathan Ogden, a 25-year-old graduate of the International TEFL Academy from Portland, Oregon, who took International TEFL Academy's Online TEFL Class before taking off to teach English in Fuzhou, China.
A graduate of Portland State Universtity, Jonathan discusses why he chose to take the Online TEFL Class and how be came to chose to teachin Fuzhou, China, which is smaller than some of the more famous cities in China like Shanghai and Beijing. He also talks about how the online class prepared him for his teaching job in China once he arrived abroad.
To learn more about Jonathan's experiences and his perspectives on teaching Engish abroad, check out his articles:
- Teaching English Abroad as a Network Opportunity
- How Not to Suck: A Guide for the Casual English Teacher Abroad
Also check out his blog: www.charleyogdeninchina.blogspot.com
More resources for teaching English in China & around the World:
- What are Salaries for English Teachers in China?
- Duck, Dumplings and 7 Reasons to Teach English in Shanghai, China
- Where Do Teachers Receive The Most Respect........? China!
- Staff Report: The Job Market for Teaching English in China
- Q & A: Teaching English in China with ITA Advisor, Paige Lee
- A 6-Step Plan for Getting Hired to Teach English in China