- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
What Type of Visa Can I Use to Teach English in Cambodia?
Written by: International TEFL Academy
Last Updated: February 4, 2020
Interested in teaching English in Cambodia? You're in the right place! Visas are an important part of planning your adventure overseas, so you want to make sure you're familiar with the process before you head abroad. The following is the most common type of visa that can be obtained for teaching English in Cambodia.
The type of visa you'll need in Cambodia (and how you get that visa) will depend on your nationality, teaching job and perhaps other factors like whether you get your job in advance of your arrival, or if you get hired locally in Cambodia. Be sure to speak to an International TEFL Academy Advisor by calling 773-634-9900 to discuss your specific questions and concerns about your visa for teaching English in Cambodia.
Nitty Gritty Facts About Visas For Teaching English in Cambodia:
Name: Ordinary/Business Visa (Type E)
Cost: $35 for your first month, and then you can extend the visa for 6 or 12 months for a fee between $100- $300.
Documents: Passport Photo & Passport that is valid at least six months prior to entering Cambodia
Length: This visa is good for one month at first and then you can extend the visa on your own. It's important to extend the visa for 6 or 12 months, as the shorter extensions are not able to be re-extended if need be. It's not difficult to extend your visa numerous times as needed even without a job.
For more information, you can check out the Cambodian Consulate website: http://www.embassyofcambodia.org/
The Process For Obtaining a Visa to Teach English in Cambodia:
You can get your Ordinary Visa (Type E) before heading to Cambodia or you can get it upon entry to the country. Typically English teachers just wait to buy it once they arrive to the airport in Cambodia. From there, just have to extend the visa for 6 or 12 months for a fee of between $100- $300.
Be sure to talk with your ITA Advisor about visas before you head overseas to Cambodia or enroll in your TEFL Class.
Founded in 2010, International TEFL Academy is a world leader in TEFL certification for teaching English abroad & teaching English online. ITA offers accredited TEFL certification classes online & in 25 locations worldwide and has received multiple awards & widespread recognition as one of the best TEFL schools in the world. ITA provides all students and graduates with lifetime job search guidance. ITA has certified more than 25,000 English teachers and our graduates are currently teaching in 80 countries worldwide.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- 10 Best Countries for Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- Teaching English in Phnom Penh, Cambodia - Alumni Q&A with Joshua Bottorff
- My Journey from English Teacher to NGO Writer in Cambodia
- Teaching English in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Alumni Q&A with Kate John
- Top 5 Things That Surprised Me About Living in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- 4 Things I Wish I Knew Before Moving to Cambodia to Teach English
- A Survival Guide to Moving Abroad to Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- How to Find an Expat Community in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- 5 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree
- Top 5 Countries to Make the Most Money Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- TEFL, TESOL & CELTA: What Class Do I Need for Teaching English Abroad?
- The Path from Global Corporate Communication to Teaching Business English in France
- Teaching English in Santiago, Chile - Alumni Q&A with Erin Durian
- Teaching English in Vietnam: Celebrating Tet - The Lunar New Year
- Happy Chinese New Year! Teaching English in Asia During Holidays
- LGBTQ&A: Teaching English in Mexico City, Mexico with Kyle