must read

What Type of Visa Can I Use to Teach English in Cambodia?

Get Cambodia TEFL Guide

Interested in teaching English in Cambodia? You're in the right place! Visas are an important part of planning your adventure overseas, so you want to make sure you're familiar with the process before you head abroad. The following is the most common type of visa that can be obtained for teaching English in Cambodia.

The type of visa you'll need in Cambodia (and how you get that visa) will depend on your nationality, teaching job and perhaps other factors like whether you get your job in advance of your arrival, or if you get hired locally in Cambodia. Be sure to speak to an International TEFL Academy Advisor by calling 773-634-9900 to discuss your specific questions and concerns about your visa for teaching English in Cambodia.

Nitty Gritty Facts About Visas For Teaching English in Cambodia:

Name: Ordinary/Business Visa (Type E)

Cost: $35 for your first month, and then you can extend the visa for 6 or 12 months for a fee between $100- $300.

Documents: Passport Photo & Passport that is valid at least six months prior to entering Cambodia 

Length: This visa is good for one month at first and then you can extend the visa on your own. It's important to extend the visa for 6 or 12 months, as the shorter extensions are not able to be re-extended if need be. It's not difficult to extend your visa numerous times as long as you have a work contract or letter of invitation from a Cambodian school or company.

For more information, you can check out the Cambodian Consulate website:

Teach English in Cambodia Visa

The Process For Obtaining a Visa to Teach English in Cambodia:

You can get your Ordinary Visa (Type E) before heading to Cambodia or you can get it upon entry to the country. Typically English teachers just wait to buy it once they arrive to the airport in Cambodia. From there, just have to extend the visa for 6 or 12 months for a fee of between $100- $300.

Be sure to talk with your ITA Advisor about visas before you head overseas to Cambodia or enroll in your TEFL Class.


Posted In: , , ,

Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad & Online?

Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.