- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
An English Teacher Shares His Travel Adventures in Shenzhen, Hong Kong, and Macau
Written by: International TEFL Academy
Last Updated: January 9, 2020
By: Deshawn Peterson
Hong Kong was more amazing than I ever imagined. It reminded me of of Manhattan with it’s own culture and identity. It was crowded, busy, everyone on top of each other, and everyone spoke fluent English. Hong Kong is divided into two main parts: Kowloon and Hong Kong Island. Kowloon is the part of HK that’s attached to the mainland and Hong Kong Island is the isle with the main part of the city and beaches.
My favorite segment of Hong Kong was “The Peak”. It’s definitely a tourist attraction but definitely worth it. It’s the highest terrace in Hong Kong, and the view is breath taking. We also went to the Yang Kwei Fei district which resembles SOHO in NYC or London. It’s a condense area where clubs, bars, hookah lounges, and speakeasies are all set. The prices are expensive if anything, but I just charged it to the vacation as a fun expense. Hong Kong was pretty expensive compared to the mainland, but the Chinese Yuan is worth more than the Hong Kong dollar, so it works out.
This was one of the most exciting trips that I’ve had to date. A lot done in a short window of days.
Founded in 2010, International TEFL Academy is a world leader in TEFL certification for teaching English abroad & teaching English online. ITA offers accredited TEFL certification classes online & in 25 locations worldwide and has received multiple awards & widespread recognition as one of the best TEFL schools in the world. ITA provides all students and graduates with lifetime job search guidance. ITA has certified more than 25,000 English teachers and our graduates are currently teaching in 80 countries worldwide.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- What Are The Basic Requirements to Teach English in Japan?
- Teach English Online - DaDa Application & Interview Process
- What are Hiring Seasons for Teaching English Abroad?
- What are the Requirements to Teach English in Taiwan?
- How Long Are Contracts For Teaching English Abroad?
- Teach English Online with BoxFish & BlingABC - Alumni Q&A with Kelly Schultz
- What are Salaries for English Teachers in Japan?
- How Do I Get a Visa for Teaching English in Japan?
- What are Salaries for English Teachers in China?
- 10 Best Countries for Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- 10 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- 10 Companies Where You Can Teach English Online to Adults
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree
- 7 Companies That Hire Non-Native English Speakers to Teach English Online
- LGBTQ&A: Teaching English in Bangkok, Thailand with Brittany
- How Teaching in Korea Helped Me Come Out (or Led Me To Come Out)
- LGBTQ&A: Teaching English in Mexico City, Mexico with Robert Blackie
- A Canadian's Guide to the Documents Needed to Teach English in Vietnam
- 10 Reasons Why International TEFL Academy Offers the Best TEFL Certification for Teaching English Abroad & Online in 2020