- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
3-Month Cultural Exchange & English Home Tutoring in China
Written By: Shay Ames | Updated: June 28, 2022
Written By: Shay Ames
Updated: June 28, 2022
Are you between school as a student? A teacher? Do you have a three-month window of opportunity to teach abroad & experience the international adventure of a lifetime?
International TEFL Academy is proud to offer our students & alumni a unique opportunity to teach English in Beijing or Shanghai, China while living with a local family for three months! This unique 3-month contract program exclusively available to ITA students & graduates provides a fantastic short-term teaching opportunity in one of the most historic nations on earth.
During your stay, you will be able to:
- Take weekly Chinese cultural classes covering such diverse facets of Chinese life as the art of Tai Chi, the precision of Chinese paper cutting, calligraphy, how to cook famous dumplings and much more.
- You can also take weekly Mandarin language classes & participate in educational field trips to locations like the Great Wall and Forbidden City. This experience is packed with free extras and you’ll feel great for helping your young learners build on their English language skills, while you soak in local culture during your stay.
You can do all of this as a summer abroad experience or any time of year. Don’t miss out on teaching abroad because you don’t have 6 to 12 months, or a lifetime, to spend overseas.
What's Covered Through the Exchange Program?
The teaching is paid and the experience is free. Your room and board is covered by your Chinese host family. The roundtrip airfare is free, along with your travel and medical insurance coverage. The language and cultural classes, along with your field trips are, you guessed it, all covered!
These positions are in and around Beijing, China. You will work 30 hours per week. This is focused on the demand Chinese families have for English language education.
International TEFL Academy student/alumni
Clean FBI background check
Enjoy working with kids
Desire to be a cultural ambassador
Mission to make a positive impact
18 - 30
Have $325 fully refundable airfare deposit
No visible tattoos (sorry Bieber)
Free roundtrip airfare from major airport
Free room and board
Free airport pickup
Free orientation hotel stay
Free travel insurance
Free medical insurance
24/7 emergency contact
1,000 RMB monthly stipend
Free transit card
Free SIM card
Free weekly Mandarin classes
Free weekly cultural courses
Free monthly field trips
What's the catch?
Living and teaching in China with your TEFL Certification is going to be an amazing experience. China is the biggest market in the world for teaching English as a language. These positions are being filled all year around. If you have 6 or 12+ months to teach there, you can find even greater benefits through our employer contacts. That said, if you have just three months, you won’t find another option with such great perks. We require a fully refundable deposit of $325 for your roundtrip airfare, reimbursed to you upon completion of your three months.
Bonus if you have a BA/BS degree:
If you have a BA/BS degree and participate in this amazing program for 6 months, your ITA TEFL course tuition will be reimbursed upon your completion. No big deal!
WANT TO LEARN MORE OR GET STARTED?
1. Are you already an International TEFL Academy student or graduate? Contact your ITA Student Advisor or the Student Affairs Department (if you don't know their email address or phone #, please call out the general line at 773-634-9900 and ask for the Student Affairs Department.)
2. Not yet enrolled in a TEFL Class? Fill out a Contact Form or call us for more information. One of our friendly advisors will answer all of your questions and guide you through the process required to take advantage of this program and explore other opportunities to teach English abroad.
A senior Admissions Advisor with International TEFL Academy, Shay Ames has more than 12 years of high-level professional experience working in the fields of teaching English abroad & TEFL certification. In addition to personally helping more than 1,000 ITA students achieve their goals of teaching overseas, Shay has published numerous articles on the topics of teaching English abroad & TEFL certification. He also works extensively to build partnerships between International TEFL Academy and major institutions throughout international education.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad & Online?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- 11 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- 10 Things They Don't Tell You About Living in South Korea
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree
- The Top 9 Public Transportation Systems Around the World