- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
International TEFL Academy Nominated for 2 GoAbroad Innovation Awards for Meaningful Travel in 2018 - Vote for ITA NOW!
Written by: International TEFL Academy
Last Updated: November 12, 2019
International TEFL Academy (ITA) is proud to announce that ITA has been nominated as a finalist in two categories for the prestigious GoAbroad Innovation Awards for meaningful travel.
1. People's Choice Award - This award honors the top international education organization as selected by study abroad professionals and students. The top five finalists in this category are chosen by study abroad advisers from colleges and universities. International TEFL Academy is proud to be the first TEFL school ever nominated for this prestigious award!
This award so determined by popular vote.
Please support ITA & click on the link below to vote for International TEFL Academy!
2. Innovation in Alumni Engagement - International TEFL Academy was nominated for the "Innovation in Alumni Engagement" award for ITA's new Alumni Ambassador Program. Started in 2017 the Ambassador Program selects International TEFL Academy graduates who are teaching in English in major cities around the world to provide guidance and support to future ITA teachers who are just embarking on their international experience. Read more about the program and check out our nomination submission here.
The exclusive GoAbroad Innovation Awards Academy will vote over the coming weeks to determine the winner for each award. The winners will be announced at the GoAbroad Reception during the NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo in Philadelphia, on Thursday, May 31, at 5:30PM.
A full listing of Goabroad Innovation Awards & Finalists can be found on the Innovation Awards website.
The People's Choice Award for the Best International Education Organization
International TEFL Academy is proud to be the first TEFL school ever nominated for GoAbroad's People's Choice Award. The final five nominees for the award are selected by study abroad professionals, primarily from colleges and universities. The winner will be determined by an online vote running through May 30, 2018, with the winner to be announced at the GoAbroad Awards Reception on May 31, 2018, during the NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo in Philadelphia.
Since 2010, International TEFL Academy has certified and assisted 25,000 people from all backgrounds to gain employment teaching English abroad in 80 countries worldwide. ITA offers accredited TEFL certification classes online & in 25 locations worldwide (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Students receive comprehensive pre-enrollment guidance & access to thousands of articles, videos, alumni stories & other resources to learn about job markets & the process of moving abroad. All graduates receive lifetime job search guidance, including personalized assistance from ITA's Student Affairs experts, in addition to access to alumni networks of more than 20,000 graduates across the globe.
Support ITA & click on the button to vote for International TEFL Academy!
Innovation in ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT Award
Sponsored by the GoAbroad.com and voted upon by the GoAbroad Innovation Awards Academy, this award "acknowledges those that prioritize offering creative and effective programs that tap into the enthusiasm of returned participants. Nominations will be evaluated based on successful implementation and a balanced focus on student development and overall impact on business growth."
Since our founding, International TEFL Academy has made alumni engagement a top priority. The Alumni Ambassador Program nominated for this award isn’t your run-of-the-mill alumni “ambassador program” where past participants spend their time handing out fliers at abroad fairs in the student center. This Ambassador Program has enabled our super-alumni to showcase their day-to-day experiences as English teachers in real-time from17 countries worldwide.
Ambassadors engage with ITA’s 25,000 alumni through a variety of social media channels like Facebook & Instagram, in addition to regularly publishing blog posts and videos on the ITA website. Instagram Story takeover videos and Facebook Live events allow Ambassadors to provide live, on-the-ground perspectives about life teaching abroad. Ambassadors also host meet-ups, which foster a true sense of international community among ITA alumni abroad. Learn more about Ambassador roles & responsibilities.
Since its launch in August 2017, the ITA Alumni Ambassador Program is on pace to achieve the following within its first full year:
→ Publish 160+ blog posts & articles
→ Produce 25+ total videos
→ Host 30+ meet-ups in 17 countries
→ 10+ interactive Facebook Lives generating thousands of views each
→ 50+ Instagram takeover videos
→ Resulting in a total reach over 135,000 views on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
International TEFL Academy would like to thank the GoAbroad Innovation Awards Academy Members for the honor of being selected as a finalist and we salute all participants & finalists. We look forward to attending the GoAbroad Reception during the NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo in Philadelphia, on May 31, 2018 when the winners will be announced.
Do you want to travel the world & teach English abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of teaching English around the world, including TEFL certification, the hiring process, salaries, visas and more.
Founded in 2010, International TEFL Academy is a world leader in TEFL certification for teaching English abroad & teaching English online. ITA offers accredited TEFL certification classes online & in 25 locations worldwide and has received multiple awards & widespread recognition as one of the best TEFL schools in the world. ITA provides all students and graduates with lifetime job search guidance. ITA has certified more than 25,000 English teachers and our graduates are currently teaching in 80 countries worldwide.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- 10 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- 10 Companies Where You Can Teach English Online to Adults
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree
- 7 Companies That Hire Non-Native English Speakers to Teach English Online
- LGBTQ&A: Teaching English in Bangkok, Thailand with Brittany
- How Teaching in Korea Helped Me Come Out (or Led Me To Come Out)
- LGBTQ&A: Teaching English in Mexico City, Mexico with Robert Blackie
- A Canadian's Guide to the Documents Needed to Teach English in Vietnam
- 10 Reasons Why International TEFL Academy Offers the Best TEFL Certification for Teaching English Abroad & Online in 2020