- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
A Day In the Life of an ITA TEFL Student in Prague, Czech Republic
Written by: Lynda Galea
Last Updated: July 14, 2020
International TEFL Academy is proud to offer a world-class 4-week Prague TEFL course located in the heart of Prague, Czech Republic, one of the top job markets for teaching English in Europe. Employing a state-of-the-art curriculum and taught by expert university-level instructors, this course is designed to provide you with the skills & qualification you need to succeed in teaching English abroad. This course is fun and you will learn a ton, but it is also very demanding and requires that you be prepared to meet the full-time demands of a rigorous university-level course. To help you prepare for this course, we've put together a typical day in the life schedule to outline the daily grind and committment required.
7.45 AM - Wake up and get ready
9.00 AM - Leave housing for school
9.20 AM - Arrive at school (approximate time)
9.30 AM - 13.00 PM - Complete two 90 minute workshops on TEFL methodology (there’s a 30 minute break between them). This is where students get the bulk of the TEFL methodology.
13.00 PM - 17.00 PM - Lunch and lesson planning. We always have a few trainers to help with lesson planning. Students spend the majority of their time getting help for their evening lessons. This is OPEN time though and it’s not required to be at the school during all of these hours.
17.00 PM - 20.00 PM - Teaching practice and lesson observations (3 days a week). Students teach a 45 minute lesson and usually watch 1-2 45 minute lessons of their peers teaching. Practice teaching is followed by a group critique.
No teaching, but there is another 90 minute lesson from 14.00-15.30. Class gets out an 15.30 most Fridays.
*There are usually extra seminars that students can attend. These are completely optional though. There are also weekly assignments. We often have optional outings to fun places in the city after the course.
An accomplished traveler (she's visited 40 countries!), Lynda hails from Melbourne, Australia. Since she joined ITA in 2017, Lynda has become a primary expert on the field of teaching English online. Not only has she published numerous articles on the topic herself, but she has worked with International TEFL Academy alumni around the world to produce an entire library of information and content about teaching English online. Lynda also serves as a primary organizer of ITA's ground-breaking Teach Abroad Film Festival.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- Prague, Czech Republic Teaching Q and A with Andrea Perkins
- 10 International Celebrations & Festivals You Need On Your Bucket List!
- Prague, Czech Republic English Teaching Q and A with Katie Moss
- 10 Best Countries for Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- How Long Are Contracts For Teaching English Abroad?
- 3 Reasons It’s Impossible For a Legitimate TEFL Class to Cost Under $1,000
- Can I Make Money as a Private Tutor While Teaching English Abroad?
- Coronavirus FAQs: TEFL & Teaching English Abroad or Online - What Are My Options?
- Is ITA's Online TEFL Certification Course Valid and Accredited?
- What Are Basic Start-up Costs for Teaching English Abroad?
- 10 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- 10 Companies Where You Can Teach English Online to Adults
- 7 Companies That Hire Non-Native English Speakers to Teach English Online
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree
- Teaching English and Racism in Spain
- LGBTQ&A: Teaching English in Bangkok, Thailand with Brittany
- How Teaching in Korea Helped Me Come Out (or Led Me To Come Out)
- LGBTQ&A: Teaching English in Mexico City, Mexico with Robert Blackie
- A Canadian's Guide to the Documents Needed to Teach English in Vietnam