- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
Ambassador City Fact Sheet: Prague, Czech Republic
Written by: Lynda Galea
Last Updated: January 9, 2020
To help our students and graduates make a smooth transition to their new lives teaching English abroad, we've enlisted our ITA Ambassadors to provide us with insider facts and tips for making the most of life in major cities around the globe like Prague, Czech Republic.
Whether it's finding an English-speaking doctor, opening a bank account, or simply finding a supermarket where you can find the odd comfort food from home (peanut butter!), our ambassadors have actionable on-the-ground-tips to help you feel at home in your new home city. Please note that things change and we will do our best to keep these "Fact Sheets" updated over time and that current and future ambassadors will continue to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information possible.
Name: Ryan Cook
Country: Czech Republic
Visa Type: Type D Visa: Long Term Stay
Where can you find North American comfort items like peanut butter in Prague?
The Candy Store: Locations in Prague, Plzen, Brno, Pardubice, Liberec, and Usti Nad Labem.
Transportation - how do people get around town?
You can buy a 1 day, 2 day, or 3 day pass for short travel ($1-$16 USD) For long term: 3 months/ 5 months/ 1 year ($30-$50). Tickets and card will get you onto any metro, tram or bus in Prague. Additional cost will occur outside the boundaries of Prague. Check out Ryan's take on public transportation in Prague: [Ambassador Video] Getting Around Prague - Public Transport
Please recommend up to 3 hospitals/doctors in Prague for English speakers
→ Medical Institution
120 00 Prague 2
If you’ve opened a bank account, please list the name and location of your bank
Please list restaurants you enjoy eating at in Prague
Please list places you enjoy visiting during your free time in Prague
→ Observe the hourly show at the Astronomical Clock
→ Visit Josefov
→ Explore Charles Bridge
→ Take a trip to Kampa Island
→ See the views from Petrin Hill & Observation Tower
What resources did you use to find permanent housing in Prague?
Have you found an expat community in Prague? How?
The website https://www.expats.cz/ is a good place to start!
Please list any additional information/resources you think will be useful for those interested in teaching English in Prague
For traveling around the Czech Republic and other countries:
Prague’s transportation system:
Want to Learn More about Teaching English Abroad?
If you are excited about teaching English from either the comfort of your own home or anywhere in the world, contact us about TEFL certification options and get ready for a great adventure!
- ITA Alumni Ambassador Corner
- Meet the ITA Alumni Ambassador Team
- ITA Alumni Ambassador Corner - Czech Republic
- Learn More About ITA Alumni Ambassador, Ryan Cook
- Teach English in Czech Republic - Country Profile
- Prague TEFL Certification Courses
- Can Americans Get a Work Visa to Teach English in the Czech Republic
- Czech It Out: Top 6 Reasons to Teach English in the Czech Republic
An accomplished traveler (she's visited 40 countries!), Lynda hails from Melbourne, Australia. Since she joined ITA in 2017, Lynda has become a primary expert on the field of teaching English online. Not only has she published numerous articles on the topic herself, but she has worked with International TEFL Academy alumni around the world to produce an entire library of information and content about teaching English online. Lynda also serves as a primary organizer of ITA's ground-breaking Teach Abroad Film Festival.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- Visa Know How: Czech Republic Trade License Freelance Visa
- Emotional Stages of Moving Abroad
- Want to teach English in Europe? Go East, My Friend!
- 11 Insider Tips for Getting a Job Teaching English in The Czech Republic
- Czech it Out! Top 6 Reasons to Teach English in the Czech Republic
- 10 Things You Need to Know to Prepare for Your TEFL Class in Prague
- Staff Report: The Job Market for Teaching English in Prague, Czech Republic
- Surviving vs. Thriving When You Arrive in Prague [Teaching English in Czech Republic]
- Prague, Czech Republic English Teaching Q and A with Katie Moss
- What is the Cultural Ambassadors Program for Teaching English in Spain? [Auxiliares de Conversacion]
- 5 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree
- Top 5 Countries to Make the Most Money Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- 10 Companies Where You Can Teach English Online to Adults