General Information About All 3 Classes
- English Levels: There are no placement tests. Students get to pick which level they would like to attend: Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced. Students can change levels at any time by speaking with their teacher.
- Certificates: When students attend classes for 3 months, 6 months, and/or 12 months, they can receive a certificate.
- Visas: International TEFL Academy is not able to sponsor visas or provide any visa paperwork for ESL students.
- Ages: All students must be at least 18 years of age.
The Class Options
1. Small Group Online English Classes
- Schedule: Monday through Thursday from 6:25-7:30 pm. Students are required to attend for at least one month and should miss no more than 3 classes each month.
- Price: Free, except for a one-time materials fee of $20 to cover material costs. This is to be paid when the student is invited to join the class and completes the Online Orientation Quiz.
- Apply: Students must fill out the form on this page. Then, their name will be added to a waitlist and we will contact the student once space is available (1-3 month waitlist).
- Location: Online. A unique Zoom meeting link will be sent to you before each night's class.
2. One-On-One Online Tutoring
- Schedule: Students set the schedule with their tutor. There is a 10 hours total minimum and a 20 hours total maximum. After the tutoring hours are finished, the student can register to get a new tutor.
- Price: The first tutor is free. Each tutor after is $15.
- Apply: Students must fill out the form on this page and then they will be sent another form to fill out via email. After the student fills out that form, they will be placed on a waitlist. When a teacher becomes available, the teacher will send the student an email to schedule classes (1-2 month waitlist).
- Location: Online. The student and the teacher will decide the best online video platform to meet on. (For example: Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, etc).
3. In-Person Class in Chicago
- temporarily canceled due to COVID-19 (will return in 2021)
- Schedule: Monday through Thursday from 6:30-8pm. Students are required to attend for at least one month and should miss no more than 3 classes each month.
- Price: Free except for a one-time materials fee of $20 to cover material costs. This is to be paid in cash only on the first day of orientation. This fee covers all of the materials (paper, worksheets, and other supplies) that the teachers provide for you during the course.
- Apply: Students must fill out the form on this page. Then, the student's name will be added to a wait-list and we will invite you to an orientation once space is available (1-3 months waitlist).
- Location: Chicago’s Lakeview Neighborhood. 916 W. Diversey Parkway (1 block from the Diversey Brown Line Stop)