- Classes start usually once a month - The next month is currently full. When you fill out the form, your name will be added to a wait-list and we will contact you once space is available.
- There are no placement tests. Students get to pick which level they would like to attend: Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced. You can change levels at any time.
- Students are required to attend for one month, at least twice a week though ideally 3-4 times a week. We let our students create their OWN schedules.
- Classes are usually Monday through Thursday from 6:30-8pm only. We do not offer any classes in the morning or afternoon.
- Our classes are free except a one-time materials fee of $20 to cover material costs. This is to be paid in CASH ONLY on the first day of your orientation. This fee covers all of the materials (paper, worksheets, and other supplies) that your teachers provide for you during the course.
- We offer certificates if you attend our classes for 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.
- To apply, you must fill out the form on this page. We do not accept walk-in applications, only online applications.
- Please note that International TEFL Academy is not able to sponsor visas or provide any visa paperwork for ESL students.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age.
Where are we located?
916 West Diversey Parkway. Look for the big colorful office (see picture above).
One block east of the Diversey Brown Line "El" stop.
Parking: Street parking opens up on Diversey and Sheffield at 6 pm (don't park on residential side streets as they are permit parking)