What Documents Will I Need to Teach English Abroad?

It’s no secret that both international travel and searching for a new job both require any variety of personal, professional and academic documents from passports to transcripts, so it only makes sense that taking a job teaching English abroad means having certain important papers ready to go. 

Do I Need a Passport to Teach English Abroad and How Can I Get One?


To be granted entry into a foreign country, you must have a passport valid typically for at least 6 months after your entry into that country, and in some cases you may not be allowed entry into your destination country, or issued an entry visa, without holding a passport that will be valid for a full year. For extended travel and teaching English abroad, we recommend that you travel on a passport with at least 2 years of validity remaining. If you have any questions, you should contact the local consulate for the country you intend to travel to.