Do I Need a Passport to Teach English Abroad and How Can I Get One?


To be granted entry into a foreign country, you must have a passport valid typically for at least 6 months after your entry into that country, and in some cases you may not be allowed entry into your destination country, or issued an entry visa, without holding a passport that will be valid for a full year. For extended travel and teaching English abroad, we recommend that you travel on a passport with at least 2 years of validity remaining. If you have any questions, you should contact the local consulate for the country you intend to travel to.