What Type of Visa Can I Use to Teach English in Poland?

June 15, 2018

Interested in teaching English in Poland? You're in the right place! Visas are an important part of planning your adventure overseas, so you want to make sure you're familiar with the process before you head abroad. The following is the most common type of visa that can be obtained for teaching English in Poland.

The type of visa you'll need in Poland (and how you get that visa) will depend on your nationality, teaching job and perhaps other factors like whether you get your job in advance of your arrival, or if you get hired locally in Poland. Be sure to speak to an International TEFL Academy Advisor by calling 773-634-9900 to discuss your specific questions and concerns about your visa for teaching English in Poland.

What is a Working Holiday Visa? Can I use it to teach English abroad?


Various countries throughout the world maintain reciprocal agreements with other nations that allow their citizens (typically youth under the age of 30 or 35) to work, live, and travel - usually for one year - in a foreign country legally through a Working Holiday Visa (also known as a "Youth Mobility Visa" in some cases). 

English-speaking countries such as Australia, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, and New Zealand have established numerous relationships with countries throughout the world, including many countries in Europe that are popular destinations for teaching English abroad, including France, Germany, Italy and some other European nations.