Compensation & Other benefits:
- Training bonus: $3,000 training bonus after the first month and a $1,000 training bonus after the second month to ease the transition to sales. Ongoing training & professional development are major reasons we are the best in the world at what we do. The first two weeks of the job encompass an intensive sales and advising training regimen followed by continued support and guidance from a personal trainer for three months and then weekly training with the staff.
- Compensation: Note ~ This is a 100% commission position. Refer to the compensation breakdown below. If you are hired here, it's because you are a great fit and will excel. Straight commission isn't for everyone, but the compensation is there for those who work hard at a fulfilling job serving the prospective students. Follow our training and advice and you will make your commission on track. We will train you, provide continued support, and offer very generous compensation for people who do their job well, serve our students, and contribute to the company atmosphere and growth. We also look for ambitious people who want to grow into other responsibilities later in their career and we try to promote from within.
Year 1: $60K - 70K per year.
Progressive commission and bonus increases for years 2 & 3.
Year 2: $75k - 80K.
Year 3: $85K - 95K+.
ITA Senior Admissions Advisors (2+ years experience) average over $90,000 a year in wages.
Again, if you're hired here, it's because you'll be great.
- Insurance: Medical/Dental after 30 days (with co-pay), vision plan option.
- Time off: 4 weeks in the first year! Really. You'll receive 10 vacation days and 10 personal days off year 1 and then increases of days off each year after that, our veteran staff have 8 week off. Since this is a 100% commission job, time off is not paid, but we want our employees to be able to take plenty of time away and do what they love: travel! Your fellow advisors provide coverage for you during vacation so that it's possible to still bring in income while away. That 4 weeks does NOT include the annual week-long company trip which you get off and we pay for.
We believe it's important to "get out of Dodge" and refresh yourself; especially to get out of the country and continue to travel. We take pride in offering pay and bonuses that enable even first-year employees to travel abroad at least once a year. Also, please, take a mental health day when needed, we trust you will come back ready for action. Added vacation comes with longevity in the company. You also receive monthly work from home days after 6 months of employment.
- Performance-based Contests. We all love healthy competition and are always running contests for the admissions team. Top prizes include airfare vouchers and even free trips to our franchises abroad (Mexico, Costa Rica & Nicaragua, for example).
- Profit Sharing: We take great pride in the quality of services that our team provides for our students, and we are proud to share annual profits with our staff based on their time spent working and building the company (eligibility begins after 6 months of successful tenure with ITA).
- Maternity and Paternity leave: Here’s the deal, 3 months total leave of which 2 months are fully paid, and 1 month is optional unpaid or part-time at the office or from home. Get some sleep and take care of that newborn baby and send us pictures. If you aren’t having kids now, we hope you will be working with us years down the road when you will definitely appreciate this policy.
- Yearly Staff Trip Abroad: A paid trip to a foreign country each year with the entire staff! The ITA staff went to Nicaragua in 2015, Colombia in 2016, Hungary, Slovakia, and Austria in 2017, and the Dominican Republic this year in 2018.
- Sick days: If you are sick, stay home and get well (and don’t get us sick), we’ve got you covered. You can also work from home if quasi-sick (cough, cough).
- Work from home days: After six months of employment, you are eligible to work remote for up to 5 days a month and we are expanding more work remote days for those with tenure here.
- Trainings: Opportunities to attend conferences, trainings, and recruitment events in country & abroad.
- OTHER: Gym membership; Way too many snacks, beer, coffee, ice-cream, fruit, soda, and more often than not, we find a reason to get a cake. Monthly company outings. Bring your dog to work, we love them!
Why is this position available?
Growth and expansion of our company. We have 20 admissions advisors on staff and we need a few more to effectively attend to all of the prospective students contacting us. We are hiring new advisors for an October 1st start date.
1. Resume (Word or pdf), please label document with your name.
2. Cover letter including:
- Countries lived, worked, studied, and/or traveled.
- Tell us why travel is important and how you would love to talk to people about seeing the world (we will evaluate your writing and communication skills)
- What are your other hobbies and passions in life? We want to know the person who will sit next to us 8 hours a day and end up on a trip abroad with.
3. When you are available for interviews (M-F) and when you can start if hired.
4. Best phone number and time to reach you for a call.
5. Email subject line: Admissions Advisor Job Application
6. Please tell us which job site you found us on, or if you were referred by a friend.
(Hint: We do look to see who follows our instructions, and your quality of writing is important, so please take the time to write a well thought-out cover letter.)
We only respond to applications via email, please no calls. We like your initiative to walk in the door, but we have a lot of applicants for this job, and it is a major process to evaluate each candidate.
Once your resume is submitted, we will reach out to you if you have been selected to proceed with any potential next steps of the application process. If you have not heard from us by September 10th, we likely moved forward with other candidates for the Admissions Advisor role. However, we will keep your resume on file for other potential future positions that could be a good match.
1. Submit resume and cover letter for review
2. Brief phone call (We will reach out to you to schedule a time to talk)
3. First interview
4. Submit writing sample
5. Panel interview
6. Final interview w/ the ITA President
Here at International TEFL Academy, as global citizens, we recognize that diversity and inclusion is vital to the culture of our organization. International TEFL Academy is an equal opportunity workplace.
Good Luck and yes, cheers to you for making it through this lengthy job post!
Learn More about International TEFL Academy