Getting a job teaching English in Spain takes a lot of planning and knowledge about the teaching market, especially for Americans. Here are some key items you need to know in order to ensure a smooth transition to life abroad and successfully secure a teaching job.
• Hiring Seasons - September/October & January are prime hiring periods.
• Visas - The type of visa will depend on your nationality and your job.
• Locations - Madrid is the top job market; Barcelona & Bilbao are other top options.
• Finding Jobs - Plan on being on the ground in Spain to interview during hiring seasons.
• Interviewing - Be prepared to interview face-to-face with your TEFL certificate & sample lesson plans in hand.
• Resources - From expert advisors to local job boards, ITA grads receive all the resources they need to get a good job teaching English in Spain.