- Do you picture yourself teaching English in a great destination not so far from home but offering a totally different cultural experience?
- Do you see yourself enjoying beautiful landscapes and great people?
- Can you picture yourself teaching in a place flanked by the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other side?
- Well, that dream country exists: and it’s called Nicaragua!
1. A Great Job Market for Teaching English Abroad
The emerging economies of countries like Brazil, Chile, and Colombia (just to name a few) have generated huge demand for qualified native English speakers to teach English in Latin America. When Latin American companies conduct business with American, British, and even Chinese or Japanese companies, the language used is primarily English, so as Latin American countries integrate with the global economy, the need for English education becomes greater. In addition, booming tourism throughout the region requires many businesses and individuals to gain fluency in the English language. As a result, thousands of schools and language institutes employ tens of thousands of new teachers across the region each year.