- Latin America
- Middle East
- TEFL Certification
- Job Search Guidance
- Teach English Online
- Diversity Abroad
- Video Library
What are the Stages of Culture Shock? [Video]
Written by: International TEFL Academy
Last Updated: January 9, 2020
Heard about culture shock? Worried that you will have problems adjusting to life in a new country when you first move abroad? It's natural to face challenges when moving to a new country where you might not know the language, the culture, or even any friends, but being prepared can help you meet these challenges. Watch this video featuring ITA Instructor Wayne Walker to gain an understanding of the stages of adjustment that you may go through when move abroad, particularly for the first time.
Want to learn more about teaching & living abroad?
Request a free brochure or ring us at 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
Founded in 2010, International TEFL Academy is a world leader in TEFL certification for teaching English abroad & teaching English online. ITA offers accredited TEFL certification classes online & in 25 locations worldwide and has received multiple awards & widespread recognition as one of the best TEFL schools in the world. ITA provides all students and graduates with lifetime job search guidance. ITA has certified more than 25,000 English teachers and our graduates are currently teaching in 80 countries worldwide.
Want to Learn More About Teaching English Abroad?
Request a free brochure or call 773-634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad or online, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- 10 Best Countries for Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- A 7-Step Plan for How to Teach English Abroad in 2021
- What Are Basic Start-up Costs for Teaching English Abroad?
- Top 5 Countries to Make the Most Money Teaching English Abroad in 2020
- Can I Teach English Abroad in the Summer?
- How Will I Make Friends While Teaching English in Korea?
- Will I Get Vacation Time When I Teach English Abroad?
- How do I find a place to live while teaching English abroad?
- What Does it Mean to Break-Even Financially While Teaching English Abroad?
- Where Do Schools Provide Free Housing for Teaching English Abroad?
- 10 Companies That Let You Teach English Online Without a Degree
- What is TEFL and What is TEFL Certification?
- 10 Companies Where You Can Teach English Online to Adults
- 7 Companies That Hire Non-Native English Speakers to Teach English Online
- No Degree, No Problem: The 6 Best Countries to Teach English Without a College Degree