What's it like to live and teach English in Japan?
Watch this video to see ITA Ambassador, Amber Jester, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Tokyo, Japan.
In this video, Amber covers:
- If you need a degree to teach English in Japan
- Whether vegans have enough food options in Japan
- What a typical work week and teaching schedule looks like for her
- Vacation and time off
- Job market in Japan for non-native English speakers with a BA & TEFL certification
- Whether knowing Japanese helps when you're teaching
- A tour of her Tokyo apartment
- A breakdown of monthly expenses in terms of salary, rent, utilities, insurance, food, etc