By: Alyssa Driscoll
By: Alyssa Driscoll
When I was looking at a map of Beijing, China, way before I moved here, I remember initially thinking, ‘how is this city so incredibly huge?’ I grew up in a city with no public transportation and biking on the road was not safe (Ohio drivers, am I right?). I was worried about how I would handle being completely reliant on public transport and how much money it would cost.
Are you interested in teaching English in Asia?
We've got you covered! In this video, ITA Ambassadors Summer, Amanda and Amber share their experience living and teaching in Thailand, Japan and online in Asia. Watch them talk about their TEFL certification course, why they decided to teach English in Asia, how they found their teaching job, making friends, visa processes and more!
What's it like to live and teach English in China?
Watch this video to see ITA Ambassador, Jessica Stanton, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Chongqing, China.
In this video, Jessica covers:
- A tour of her Chongqing apartment
- Teaching English in Medellin, Colombia before moving to China
- Dating in China
- Securing her job prior to moving to China & Z-visas for working legally in China
- What happens if you try to teach English in China without a visa
- Being a person of color in China
- A tour of her school and shows us where she works
- Interviews her fellow American TEFL teachers about what they like about Chongqing
- Takes us into her classroom to meet her adorable students
- Her teaching schedule and the ages of the children she teaches
- A breakdown of her monthly expenses in terms of salary, rent, utilities, transportation, food & drink, etc
What's it like to live and teach English in Singapore?
Watch this video to see ITA alumna, Brittany Shultz, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Singapore.
In this video, Brittany covers:
- A tour of her Singapore apartment
- A breakdown of her monthly expenses in terms of rent, groceries, bills, transportation, etc
- Some sightseeing around Singapore
- The company she works for and how many hours per week she works
- A tour of her classroom
- How she secured her teaching job in Singapore
- How much vacation time you receive as a teacher in Singapore
- Why she chose Singapore to teach English abroad
- The classroom during lesson time complete with adorable little faces!
What's it like to live and teach English in South Korea?
Watch this video to see ITA Alumni Ambassador, Tim Unaegbu, share with us a day-in-his-life living and teaching English in Geochang, South Korea.
In this video, Tim covers:
- What visa he teaches English on in Korea
- Work/school attire
- Classroom teaching assistants
- Number of classes/schools taught at per week
- Introduces us to his students
- Average total monthly expenses in terms of rent, utilities, phone, groceries, transportation, etc
- Classroom syllabuses
- Learning Korean and how it can benefit you
- The visa process
- Public school contracts and what free things are provided to you (allowance)
- The social aspects of living in Korea