By Haley Olds
Are you interested in teaching English in Asia?
We've got you covered! In this video, ITA Ambassadors Summer, Amanda and Amber share their experience living and teaching in Thailand, Japan and online in Asia. Watch them talk about their TEFL certification course, why they decided to teach English in Asia, how they found their teaching job, making friends, visa processes and more!
What's it like to live and teach English in Japan?
Watch this video to see ITA Ambassador, Amber Jester, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Tokyo, Japan.
In this video, Amber covers:
- If you need a degree to teach English in Japan
- Whether vegans have enough food options in Japan
- What a typical work week and teaching schedule looks like for her
- Vacation and time off
- Job market in Japan for non-native English speakers with a BA & TEFL certification
- Whether knowing Japanese helps when you're teaching
- A tour of her Tokyo apartment
- A breakdown of monthly expenses in terms of salary, rent, utilities, insurance, food, etc
Visas, Visas, Visas — The topic no one enjoys talking about yet the topic everyone needs to know a lot about. Our ITA Alumni Ambassadors have been in your shoes when it comes to visas. It's a foreign topic to most, no matter how experienced of a traveler you are. Our Alumni Ambassadors have been through the visa process firsthand and were tasked with walking us through the steps they took for their visa. Here we have Kelsie Foster talking us through her Japan visa process...