What's it like to live and teach English online from Vietnam?
Watch this video to see ITA Ambassador, Amanda Kolbye, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English online from Da Nang, Vietnam.
In this video, Amanda covers:
- A tour of the area/city they live in
- Her gym and price
- What ITA TEFL course they took
- A tour of her Da Nang apartment and where to find apartments for rent
- Perks of teaching English online and country hopping
- Vietnam visas
- Main mode of transportation in Da Nang, Vietnam
- Whether it's safe to drive in Vietnam
- A breakdown of monthly expenses including rent, utilities, transport, food, groceries, phone, etc
- Teaching English online with VIPKID and her schedule
- The difference between living in Taiwan and Vietnam
- Medical Insurance
After her internship in Thailand, Amanda knew she had to come back to Southeast Asia. However, she decided to follow societal expectations and get a corporate job quickly realizing it was not where she was meant to be. Soon after she quit her job, sold everything she owned and set off to move around Asia as an online English teacher. Read more about Amanda.
Learn more about Teaching English Abroad
Request a free brochure or call1 (773) 634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- Teach English in Vietnam - Country Profile
- Visit the ITA Ambassador Vietnam Corner
- Get TEFL Certified in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Get TEFL Certified in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Teaching English Online in Da Nang, Vietnam with Abby Jacobs [Video]
- Teaching English in Ho Chi Minh City with Laura Nalin [Video]
- Teaching English in Ho Chi Minh City with Kenny Nguyen [Video]