What's it like to live and teach English in Japan?
Watch this video to see ITA Ambassador, Amber Jester, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Tokyo, Japan.
In this video, Amber covers:
- If you need a degree to teach English in Japan
- Whether vegans have enough food options in Japan
- What a typical work week and teaching schedule looks like for her
- Vacation and time off
- Job market in Japan for non-native English speakers with a BA & TEFL certification
- Whether knowing Japanese helps when you're teaching
- A tour of her Tokyo apartment
- A breakdown of monthly expenses in terms of salary, rent, utilities, insurance, food, etc
A small town girl from DelaWHERE
Learn more about Teaching English Abroad
Request a free brochure or call1 (773) 634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.