What's it like to live and teach English in China?
Watch this video to see ITA Ambassador, Jessica Stanton, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Chongqing, China.
In this video, Jessica covers:
- A tour of her Chongqing apartment
- Teaching English in Medellin, Colombia before moving to China
- Dating in China
- Securing her job prior to moving to China & Z-visas for working legally in China
- What happens if you try to teach English in China without a visa
- Being a person of color in China
- A tour of her school and shows us where she works
- Interviews her fellow American TEFL teachers about what they like about Chongqing
- Takes us into her classroom to meet her adorable students
- Her teaching schedule and the ages of the children she teaches
- A breakdown of her monthly expenses in terms of salary, rent, utilities, transportation, food & drink, etc
Inspired by her first solo international trip to Isla Holbox, Mexico, Jessica decided teaching abroad would be the best way to never stop being inspired. She taught English in Colombia before moving to China to continue teaching. Read more about Jessica.
Learn more about Teaching English Abroad
Request a free brochure or call1 (773) 634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- Check out our China Country Profile Page
- Visit the ITA Alumni China Ambassador Corner
- An Asian Adventure Awaits - Teaching English in Beijing, China
- [Video] Teaching English in Shenzhen, China
- [Video] Teaching English in Beijing, China with Alyssa Driscoll
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Moving to China to Teach English
- Dealing With Culture Shock While Teaching English in China
- Top 5 Ways to Prepare Yourself to Live in Suzhou, China
- [Video] Meet My University Students - Teaching English in Guangzhou, China