With the final votes officially tallied, one thing our alumni team can definitely agree on is how difficult it was to choose our winners for this fun contest. We had some amazing submissions and want to thank everyone for participating. So, without further ado, we are excited to officially announce our first ever ITA World Eats photo contest winners!
Bevan Brown - Japan - Quail Eggs in Octopus Head
Selfie with your sustanance:
Amber Jester & Mike Haddad -
DIY Sushi in Tokyo
Abigail Moore - Vietnam - Family Dinner
Kelly Strunk - Vietnam - Happy Street Vendor
Hybrid On-line/On-site TEFL Class in León, Nicaragua
Check out the details of this unique opportunity below:
- Advice and assistance in arrival into Leon Nicaragua, housing assistance,
- Crash course on survival Spanish
- Culture and sensitivity training,
- Focused lesson plan development instruction,
- Classroom management focus,
- 2 hours of observation in EFL classroom
- 6 hours teaching time with EFL students observed by one of our onsite professors, at our language school.
- One on One instructor feedback for each student teaching session
Get a complete breakdown of the Nicaragua Hybrid Course
Are you a foodie?
Love to post your tasty eats on Instagram?
Enjoy photographing yourself in adventurous culinary experiences abroad and shocking your friends?
We've got the contest for you!
4 Foodie Categories To Enter
- Bizzare Bites (Strangest Food you can find). Our reaction should be, "What the heck is that?!!!
- Selfie with Your Sustenance (You and the Food)
- Pretty Plates (Prettiest Food)
- Street Snacks (Street Food)
The winner of each category will receive $150!
You thought the holidays were over? They're just getting started in the world! Whether you're celebrating Lunar New Yearin Asia, Carnival in South America, Valentine's Day in Paris, or the Superbowl at your local pub - WE WANT TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS!
Send us your best holiday-themed pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll feature you on our Facebook page and articles. Or tag us @Intteflacademy and use the hashtag #ITAalumni.
Big Congratulations to Justyn Landis for winning our $1,000 travel voucher drawing!
International TEFL Academy values the survey feedback from alumni so much we give a $ 1,000 flight voucher every year to one lucky entrant!
The next drawing for a GoPro camera is February 15th. Get those "Whole Enchilada Surveys" turned in to qualify!
Where: El Balcon in Cartagena, Colombia
When: February 17, 2016 @ 7pm
Who: The WHOLE ITA staff and our alumni!
Due to popular demand, the President’s Challenge Photo Contest deadline has been extended to January 5th, 2016!
Top three winners will receive:
- Best natural scenery: $250
- Best cultural scenery: $250
- Best group photo with you and your students: $250
All the information for the submission and rules are listed in the link below. You have a great chance to win but everyone is a winner as you will be a big celebrity when we publish you!
October 30th, 2015 - ITA President's Photo Challenge - Jump Across the World!
President’s Challenge Photo Contest
Alumni! Are you looking to…
- Show off your pictures to the world?
- Want publicity for your best “jumping” photos? Think you have great form?
- Think you can out-do ITA president Bruce Jones best travel pictures?
- Looking to win some cash prizes? And world acclaim?
Multiple $250 prizes and fame are at stake! Read contest rules to learn more!
This summer in particular our ITA alumni took story sharing to a whole new level!
In addition to the wonderful writing listed above, we've recieved some fantastic International TEFL Academy Alumni Q&A's this summer. As with articles, all ITA alumni are welcomed to fill out a Q&A form on our website after their first 3 months of teaching English abroad. We've recieved one inspirational tale after another and are so thrilled to be able to share these article's with ITA alumni, staff, and prospective teachers alike. Below are our most recent submissions from ITA teachers living life to the fullest all around the world!
Read more about what our alumni are up to in the world, from Barcelona to Bangkok!
And check out what ITA alumni, Andrea Hart, has to say about dating, visas, jobs, and more in Madrid! English Teaching Q&A with Andrea Hart
*If you're interested in hosting your own meetup with other ITA alumni in the world, be sure to contact The ITA Alumni team at email@example.com
Drum roll please....
Our 1st place photo goes to Mike Opaliski for his "Exploring Angkor Wat World Heritage Site in Cambodia! Congrats Mike! His $250 first place prize will go far in his travels!
2nd Place ($150) goes to Allison Fingado for her "View from the Top" at Machu Picchu, Peru.
And last but not least, 3rd Place ($100) goes to Kirsten Iverson for her "Just me and the fish in a secluded bay off Koh Phi Phi, Thailand"
Be sure to check out all of the contest photos and honerable mentions here!
Why host a meet-up? It is a perfect opportunity for you to meet like-minded travelers, network with teachers,
make new friends and share your travel stories over drinks and dinner. ITA will even kick in an initial $50 to be used towards your drinks and dinner to get the meet-up party started! Read below to find out how to host your own ITA Alumni meetup.
Here is your chance to show off your amazing travel photos, share your favorite experience abroad, inspire others and earn some cash from ITA along the way! The ITA Alumni Association is looking for pictures of your "BEST EXPERIENCES" abroad - meaning a photo of you out in the world having fun in dramatic scenary, teaching students, or at memorable sites.
1st prize: $250
2nd prize $150
3rd prize: $100
We are proud to announce the top three winners of the most recent ITA alumni article writing contest! It was great to read about the different paths our alumni took after their experiences teaching abroad and how living and working in a different country has helped them in their current lives.
1st Prize: $250 - Ayn-Marie Hailick "Born In Istanbul: An Account of My Life After Teaching In Turkey"
Let me be the first to assure you that life after teaching abroad does exist. But I’ve learned that “life” has countless definitions. And let it be said, life before, during, and after teaching abroad are three very different states of being. Allow me to explain...Read More
NICARAGUA MEET-UP: Come meet the staff at ITA Chicago, ITA Nicaragua, and other ITA alumni for dinner, drinks, and fun!
Date and time: Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 @ 7 p.m. Location: La Olla Quemada (across the street from ITA Nicaragua)
COSTA RICA MEET-UP:
Date: Friday, January 30th, 2015 @ 8:30 p.m. Location: Fonda Mi Viejo (100 meters north of ITA Costa Rica in Barva)
Drinks and dinner will be paid for by ITA so all I need you to do is RSVP by sending me an email at Alumni@InternationalTEFLAcademy.com and then show up and have a great time!
The ITA Alumni Association has decided to extend the deadline for the "Fork in the Road - My Life After Teaching Abroad" Article Contest from December 19th to JANUARY 18TH, 2015! Here is the information for
Prizes:the contest: Fork in the Road - My Life After Teaching Abroad. For alumni that have returned from teaching abroad...this is for you! Everyone wants to know how your life has changed and what you are doing after teaching abroad. This is your opportunity to share your story. Click HERE for more details
1st Prize: $250, 2nd Prize: $150, 3rd Prize: $100
Felicia Braverman, ITA Admissions Advisor and Alumni Department member, will be hosting an ITA
alumni meetup in Istanbul, Turkey - in the historically beautiful neighborhood of Kadikoy! She is excited to meet all of ITA's alumni teachers who are calling Turkey their home away from home.
This is not only a great chance for Felicia to get to know our alumni, but for all of our alumni to get to know one another, make new friends, and network with other teachers.
Date: Thursday, November 20th, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Piraye Cafe in Kadikoy (https://goo.gl/maps/3YDnV). Cheers!
The ITA Alumni Association is proud to announce the latest alumni article writing contest: Fork in the Road - My Life After Teaching Abroad. For alumni that have returned from teaching abroad...this is for you!
Everyone wants to know how your life has changed and what you are doing after teaching abroad. This is your opportunity to share your story. Click HERE for more details.
Ian Davis, co-founder of ITA, and Cassie Wells, a Senior Admissions Advisor, are hosting an alumni meetup in the historically beatiful capital cty of Prague, Czech Republic! They will be touring Prague, and attending the European Association of International Educators.
They will be taking videos and pictures throughout the night, and if anyone is interested, you can $100 for filming an Alumni Q&A video and submitting photos. If you cannot make it to the meetup, and would like to shoot a video Q&A, you can always let us know and we can set up a separate time to meet.
We are looking forward to learning more about our teachers who are living the dream in Prague!
Linsday Krasinski, a Senior Admissions Advisor, is on the ground this month in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Linsday is hosting an alumni meetup at Gibralter in the eclectic neighborhood of San Telmo on Friday, September 12th. She is looking forward to meeting our alumni (over free food and drinks!) and sharing stories about Buenos Aires, the classroom environment, and their overall experience of living and working abroad. It's also a great chance for alumni to meet one another, network, and make new friends! researching the job market, hiring trends, and connecting with local schools. She is excited to meet our alumni and learn more about their experiences in the beatifully unique city of Buenos Aires.
Christie Koness Horvath, a member of the Student Affairs and Alumni departments at ITA, is visiting Leon, Nicaragua and Heredia, Costa Rica from August 28th, 2014 to September 13, 2014.
Christie will be hosting Alumni Meet-ups in both cities (dinner and drinks are on ITA!) Christie hopes to learn more about all of your experiences in Nicaragua and/or Costa Rica. This is a great chance for not only her to get to know you, but for all of you alumni to get to know one another, make new friends, and network with other teachers.
- We received some TRULY INCREDIBLE photos of ITA graduates celebrating The 2014 World Cup, and we thank everyone that submitted pictures!
It is great to see people having so many incredible experiences teaching English abroad. It proved very difficult to judge the best photos as there were many great entrants, but we are happy to announce the winners: Carlos Torres, Degen Hill and AmandaTaylor.
- Alumni Spotlight: Taylor Sands teaching English in Guadalajara, Mexico
- ITA Alumni Sarah Feigelson, Armand Diab, and Mary Beth White are the top three winners from the Best Classroom Contest! Check out their amazing photos.
We received many interesting pictures from our alumni in their classrooms overseas. View them here!
- Enter the ITA World Cup photo contest!
- There are three categories and three chances to win! Show us where and who you are cheering for abroad!
- Nine new article submissions from ITA Alumni
- New Index of previous photo contest submissions
- Alumni Spotlight: Colleen Contestabile
- Alumni Q&A Videos from Spain, Vietnam, and Thailand - Learn about what is is like living and teaching in these countries first hand from ITA Alumni Rachel, Jacklynn, and Stephan!
- Newest Articles and Q&A's from our Alumni
- Meet-up party with Gabriela Fernandez, ITA's Journalist and Web Content writer who is traveling to Santiago, Chile.
- The party is on ITA! Free drinks, food and a great opportunity to meet other ITA alumni.
- Volunteer to Teach English to orphans in Nicaragua
- Teach English in Colombia with Berlitz:
Job interviews in advance
- Meet-up party with Gabriela Fernandez, ITA's Journalist and Web Content writer who is traveling to Lima Peru.
- The party is on ITA! Free drinks, food and a great opportunity to meet other ITA alumni.
- Summer Camp Opportunities
- American Paradise Camp in Vietnam
- The English Camp Company in Italy and Austria
- Camp Europe in Ireland, Spain, Germany, Austria and England
- Alumni Spotlight; Amelia Perri
- Announcement of ITA Alumni Association's Best Experiences Photo Contest Winners
- Grand Prize; Andres Aparicio
- 2nd Place; Courtney Grady
- 3rd Place; Armand Diab
- Teach English Abroad with InterExchange
- Teach English in Colombia with the Ministry of Education - apply through Greenheart Travel
- Letter from President and Founder, Bruce Jones detailing his trips to China and Europe in 2013
- ITA's Charitable Contributions in 2013
- What's next for ITA in 2014
- ITA Alumni Gear Shop
- Winter Alumni Photo Contest
- Student Visa Program in Spain
- Hybrid TEFL Classes
- Jobs teaching English in Colombia
through Berlitz and the Ministry of
- Recruiter for China - Best Learning
- Announcement of the newest Alumni Contest for winter 2014
- Prizes include cash, ITA T-shirts, and world fame!
- Contest deadline is January 31, 2014 via Facebook App
- Edward Young, ITA Adviser, will be in Seoul on December 5th, 2013 and would love to meet up with any alumni teaching or living in or around Seoul!
- Edward will be taking any interested alumni out for dinner and drinks and hopes to get some video clips about your life in Korea.
- Join ITA and our partner GoAbroad to provide aid to those effected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
- Donate winter clothing, toiletries, gift cards, or CTA Day Passes to help the homeless throughout the freezing winters in Chicago.
- We are currently holding another ITA Alumni T-shirt design contest to give you one or two additional t-shirt options.
- We would love for you to vote on your favorite design and provide any feedback. The winning T-shirt(s) will be available for purchase soon, so if you like something, make sure to vote, the ballot box closes tomorrow!
- The President of ITA (that's me) is going to be in Europe for the next couple of weeks and would love to meet up with ITA Alumni! I will be visiting some schools in Turkey, Italy, and Spain (Istanbul, Florence, Madrid, Barcelona, and Bilbao).
- Government sponsored English Teaching Programs information and deadlines in Europe and Asia (EPIK, JET, U.S.Teaching Assistantship in Austria, Teaching Assistant Program in France, Teach and Learn with Georgia, and North American Culture and Language Assistant in Spain
- Alumni Video Q&A Contest Extended until August 31, 2013!
- Alumni Facebook Groups: You can now join a country-specific group, get to know each other and have all country information located in one place, instead of having pages of posts in our general alumni group.
- Care to meet the president of ITA (that's me), have some free drinks and get videotaped? I will be in China August 1-14 (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong) along with one of our advisors, Doug Waxman.
- Alumni Spotlight - Chad Kent in Brazil and check out his video Q&A
- Staff Article - Top 3 Highlights to Discover While Teaching English in Brazil
- Video Q&A Contest deadline approaching
- New ITA Staff Article - 3 Great Coastal Cities to Teach Abroad
- Alumni Video Q&A Contest Reminder
- Alumni Spotlight; Annie Chen
- Don't forget to share your experiences with us and get paid!
- Win $500! New Alumni Video Q&A Contest!
- Alumni Spotlight; Annie Chen in Moscow, Russia and Lexi Sabatino in Barcelona, Spain
- Happy Cinco de Mayo! Celebrate as an English Teacher in Mexico!
- 12 Reasons to teach English in Latin America
- Alumni Teaching in Latin America - Shannon Etling in Ecuador and Derrick Brown in Mexico
- Looking for an ADVENTURE? Check out the top 5 countries to Teach English off the Beaten Path
- ITA Alumni Teaching Off the Beaten Path - Leisa Wahlin in Turkey and Jessica Fox in Indonesia