What are great "Classroom Photos"?
A photo of YOU, teaching in a foreign country, in the classroom teaching students, on a field trip with them or at memorable sites, etc.
Basically the types of photos your employer would want on their posters,
Some ideas are:
You and the students interacting, playing games, working on a project or activity, on field trips, dressed up in costumes, doing cultural activities, reading to them, etc.
You must be in the photo, no Photoshopping yourself dancing in a parade at Carnival with a kid on your shoulder. It actually has to be YOU wearing that
When submitting your photo remember to add a caption as it gives some flavor to the photo:
Contest ends June 20, 2014 (last day of Spring)
Top three winners will receive:
1st Prize: World Fame! And cash prize of $250
2nd Prize: $1503rd Prize: $100
Top 3 photos will be the company Facebook Cover Photo for 1 month (that’s where the fame part comes)
All top 10 finalists receive a free ITA T-shirt!!!
Prize money sent via PayPal or Amazon gift card
Winning pictures will also be featured
How to enter:
1) Submit up to 3 photos via email to Alumni@InternationalTEFLAcademy.com
Subject line of email - Classroom photo contest - (list your name)
2) In the body of the email list:
- Your first and last name
- One to two sentence description of the photo.
- Add the caption as it gives some flavor to the photo: city/location, country, (Beijing, China), and title (“My kids learning the Hokey Pokey at the Great Wall of China!”)
- Please include your choice of Paypal or Amazon gift card. Please include your email associated with Paypal.
3) Naming and formatting of photos:
- A separate
attchmentas a .jpg (do not just copy in the body of the email) Full sizeresolution suitable for printing from original file (not small file taken from Facebook)
- Each photo should be titled: country-first name-last name, example: China-Paige-Lee-1 not "image 2455.jpg"
ITA Staff voting determines the winners by:
- Quality of subject matter with students and activities
- Photo quality of lighting, clarity, composition
Extra credit: You can earn favorable consideration for having a photo with an International TEFL Academy certificate or Logo or ITA Tshirt. (You can download our ITA logo here to print or purchase
Winners announced 2 weeks after
All winners will be contacted via email.
Payment sent via Paypal or Amazon gift card.
Photo rights: International TEFL Academy owns the rights to all photos entered into the contest and may be used for promotions and publication.
Maximum of 3 photos per person.
The contest is for ITA students or alumni only.
Previous submissions to ITA will not be accepted for the contest, which includes previous contests, Q&As, articles, videos, etc.
Photos should be taken in a foreign country.