Teach English Abroad
Experience the International Adventure of a Lifetime!
Do you want to see the world?
Are you a fluent English speaker?
Do you want to get paid to live, work and travel in a country like Spain, Argentina or Thailand for 6 - 12 months, or longer?
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of students around the world?
If you said yes to these questions, you should join the 250,000 people who teach abroad in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East every year.
More than 1 billion people in the world are studying English (over 300,000,000 in China alone!). From Japan to Chile, children, teenagers, university students and business professionals are all learning English to provide themselves better educational and professional opportunities in a globalized economy dominated by English.
How does it work?
International TEFL Academy is a TEFL certification school, we train 1,200 new people a year to teach English and assist them to find paid teaching jobs around the world.
What are the English teaching jobs all about?
1) You teach English in a 100% English immersion classroom. No need to speak a foreign language in a classroom. Students learn English most effectively in an English-only setting where they listen, speak and express themselves solely in English. As a native or fluent speaker, you are uniquely qualified to create this environment and to expose your students to English as it is spoken and used by native speakers; this is critical for developing conversational skills. You will also provide instruction in reading, writing and grammar. As a teacher you make the English language come alive by putting words into context and serving as the model for pronunciation.
2) You typically teach 5-6 classes a day (45-60 minutes) with a few hours of prep time and homework grading. A typical work week is 40 hours.
3) You will likely work at private language school with 10 - 50 other English teachers. There are 30 to 500 language schools in most major cities around the world. In some nations, governments recruit foreign English teachers to teach in public schools.
4) Salary as a teacher: English teachers abroad typically make enough to live a comfortable middle class lifestyle and to cover all basic expenses. Nobody gets "rich" as an English teacher but you will get paid to live abroad and isn't that the biggest perk! In major countries in East Asia you can expect to save 30-50 % of your salary after expenses, which usually ranges from $ 3,000 - $ 15,000 USD a year depending on the country and the exchange rate of the local currency to the U.S. dollar.
5) Why are there more than 100,000 job openings a year? With over 1 billion English students worldwide, more than 250,000 English teachers are employed abroad each year. Because 50% of teachers leave their positions after completing a year-long contract, language schools must recruit new English teachers every year. This creates a giant revolving door of job opportunities and a constant demand for new English teachers - this is why they want to hire you!
6) Choice of location: You choose where you teach: which country, which city, which job. International TEFL Academy provides expert advice and assistance but you decide which job in which country is right for you.
TEFL Certification Classes:
TEFL = Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
TEFL certification is required by the vast majority of schools and language institutes that hire English teachers abroad.
All International TEFL Academy certification classes meet or exceed the international requirement of 100 hours of coursework, 6 hours of live student teaching, external accreditation and instruction provided by university level professors with at least an MA or PhD.
Option A: 4 week in-person classes, full time, Monday - Friday. Classes run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and include live student teaching and homework. Think about going to summer school for 4 weeks and taking 6 credit hours - that's what it's like. These classes are offered in over 25 locations around the world, and typically include 6-12 students in a class. Tuition ranges from $ 1,495 - $ 2,295 depending on location plus housing and food.
Option B: 11 week online classes, part time (10-12 hours a week). The class's flexible schedule enables you to complete your coursework while keeping your full time job or going to school. Classes are capped at 20 students per class. Interactive features include live and embedded webinars, and 20 hours of student teaching that you will complete at a local ESL classroom in your community. Tuition is $ 1,350.
Who is International TEFL Academy?
International TEFL Academy is one of the largest TEFL certification schools in the world; we train and certify more than 1,200 new graduates each year and our alumni are teaching English in nearly 80 countries around the globe.
Based in Chicago, IL, International TEFL Academy is staffed by more than 25 advisors, professors and student/alumni support staff, all of whom have lived abroad. All professors hold an MA or PhD.
ITA provides the highest quality pre-enrollment advice, TEFL training, job search guidance and alumni support.
Check out these videos about teaching abroad, our graduates and our professors.
Teach, Travel, Explore!
Teach English abroad with
a TEFL certification.
learn why our graduates chose ITA as their top TEFL school
Meet Sam, one of the
15 professors at
International TEFL Academy
Upon receiving your request, we will send you:
Free Downloadable Brochure: 30 Pages detailing the world of Teaching English Abroad;
World Country Chart comparing hiring requirements, interview procedures & salaries in more than 50 different countries;
Access to hundreds of articles, FAQ's, alumni stories, videos and testimonials about all aspects of teaching English abroad;
TEFL Certification Options and descriptions of our Online & International TEFL TESOL courses around the world, including a free guest login for the Online TEFL class so that you can check out the class prior to enrolling.
Professional staff to help you out!
No sales speel, just real people who have all lived abroad and are committed to helping you see the world!
You will also be assigned a personal Admissions Advisor to speak with regarding all of your questions and concerns about TEFL certification and moving abroad as a professional English teacher. You can talk with us as many times as you want and you are welcome to visit and tour our offices and classroom facilities at any time.
You are one step closer to becoming a world traveler living overseas and getting paid to teach English with our TEFL TESOL certification!
Fill out a request form on the left side or call us now and change your life.
Call us now -
Toll Free (US): 877-610-1337
Our address is:
International TEFL Academy
916 W. Diversey
Chicago, IL 60614 USA
International TEFL Academy's world headquarters is conveniently located near downtown Chicago in the heart of Lincoln Park just minutes away from DePaul University and Wrigley Field and one block east of the Diversey Brown Line "El" Stop. We would love to have you in for a visit to meet us and learn more. Please stop by!