International TEFL Academy proudly uses curriculum provided by INTESOL WORLDWIDE for our online and Chicago course. INTESOL WORLDWIDE is one of the global leaders in TEFL/TESOL curriculum, and has been training students since 1993. The curriculum also meets British Council and TESOL requirements of a minimum of 100 hours of academic work and 6 hours of practicum (student teaching/observation). We are part of their umbrella of TEFL schools, we are accredited under their name and we are listed as INTESOL USA on their site.
The Truth about TESOL / TEFL Course Qualifications
- Potential employers seek out teachers who have been trained to a high level.
- Potential employers seek out teachers whose course has been accredited by an independent accrediting body.
- There is no single internationally recognized TEFL / TESOL qualification. To address this problem we chose to work with the NCFE by gaining accreditation by the NCFE we have ensured that our TEFL / TESOL certificates are among the most widely recognized anywhere in the world.
Typical International TEFL Academy Students:
- Are serious about earning a quality TESOL / TEFL Certification.
- Are seeking the best accreditation from an independent accrediting body.
- Decide on quality rather than price alone because they realize that they are investing in their education and their future.
- Understand that a highly qualified, experienced instructor, an exceptional curriculum and excellent accreditation are absolute necessities in TESOL / TEFL Certification training.
- Want a qualification that is from a course provider recognized throughout the world.
- Need to be able to successfully apply for any teaching position throughout the world and not just for the company that trained them and not just in volunteer positions!
Know the value of a qualification awarded by an independent accrediting body.
Information on NCFE Accreditation
INTESOL has attained the NCFE Investing in Quality License (IIQ) which means our courses have been independently accredited by NCFE.
As the leading provider of quality
TEFL/TESOL courses across the world, INTESOL is proud to bring you qualifications which have been accredited as being at NQF Levels 4 (online course) and 5 (Chicago, Spain, Costa Rica courses) by NCFE. NCFE is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator). If the accrediting body which accredits your course is UK based and is not on the Ofqual register it is not government regulated.
NCFE is recognized as an awarding organization by the qualification regulators ('regulators') for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (DCELLS) in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
What does 'NCFE' stand for?
In 1981, the Northern Advisory Council for Further Education (NACFE), which was established in 1947 to co-ordinate further education provision throughout the nine LEAs, merged with the NCTEC to become the Northern Council for Further Education.
When the further education sector was incorporated (made independent of the government) in the early 1990s the company felt the old name was incompatible with their new national focus and has since then been identified simply as NCFE with the letters no longer being an acronym.
As the leading provider of quality TEFL/TESOL courses across the world, INTESOL is proud to bring you courses which have been accredited by NCFE as being equivalent to QCF (Qualification & Credit Framework) Levels 3 to 5.
NCFE is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator). If the accrediting body which accredits your course is UK based and is not on the Ofqual register it is not government regulated. To check that NCFE is on the Ofqual register please click on the following link: http://www.register.ofqual.gov.uk/Organisation/Details/RN5156
Knowing that the TESOL/TEFL qualification you seek to obtain will be internationally recognized is important. Before deciding on the TEFL/TESOL course you will study it is essential that the course provider can satisfy you with answers to the following questions:
- Is the course provider independently accredited and inspected?
- Can potential employers check directly with the independent authority responsible for accreditation?
- Is a contact address, name, phone number and contact email address provided?
- Does the advertising and promotional material give a clear and truthful account of the courses offered, especially regarding level?
- Is a course syllabus available?
- Is instructor support of high quality and consistent throughout the provision and do all the tutors have appropriate qualifications and experience?
- Is the prospective student made aware, prior to enrollment, of all the terms and conditions of the course?
- Can prospective learners talk to a responsible person at the provider institution and ask any questions they wish?
- Is there adequate course documentation describing the goals, scope, nature and procedures of the course to enable participants to make informed decisions about enrollment?
- Is assessment linked to accreditation by nationally recognized bodies?
Studying an NCFE accredited qualification with INTESOL
What This Means to You, the Student!
- It means your training is of the highest quality.
- It means your course has been accredited by NCFE as being benchmarked at the equivalent level on the QCF to reflect the appropriate challenge to the learner at the respective level, a requirement often asked for by potential employers worldwide.
- It means your course is internally verified and this procedure is checked by our awarding organization, NCFE.
- It means you will receive a Course Transcript from NCFE showing what you have studied.
- It means that employers worldwide will know that your course is of a high academic standard.
- It means your course provider is inspected bi-annually.
- It means your course provider and your accrediting body are investing in quality and will give excellent service.
- It means we don't just pay an annual fee to an association so we can put their logo on our website.
Colleges and Training Institutions Accredited by NCFE
NCFE is a leading provider of nationally recognized qualifications and is committed to delivering exceptional customer service to the colleges they work with.
They do this by:
For further information on NCFE please visit the website at www.NCFE.org.uk
- developing and accrediting a range of vocational qualifications and awards
- working with over 1200 colleges, schools and training providers
- offering over 400 qualifications in a range of subject areas.
If you wish to confirm our status (listed under INTESOL Worldwide) under the IIQ accreditation scheme you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
International TEFL Academy is the part of the INTESOL Worldwide network and is listed under INTESOL USA on their website.
Some of our other International TEFL courses are accredited by the College of Teachers.
The College of Teachers is a chartered body with the power to award officially recognized UK qualifications from introductory certificates through to professorships. It has a very long and illustrious 158 year history as a pioneer in education in the UK and overseas despite its diminutive size (such as developing the original UK school exams and investing the first professor of education).
The College was incorporated by Royal Charter as the College of Preceptors in 1849, and changed its name to the College of Teachers in 1998. The College has the same status to award qualifications through its charter as any university in the UK and as such it does not require validation from any body other than the Privy Council Office.
The College awarding powers from the Royal Charter allows the College to make awards that carry official UK academic dress and post-nominal designations for those achieving Associateship or Fellowship levels.
The College awards professional qualifications which run alongside HE qualifications and can be benchmarked to them. The College qualifications are professional awards which are equivalent to UK academic qualifications (the Fellowship qualification is recognized as being at Master's degree level, for example).
The British Council regards the College Of Teachers; University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate; Trinity College, London and all UK universities as acceptable validating bodies. The College qualifications are accepted all over the world and are accepted by the British Council as valid qualifications for teachers in their accredited schools at certificate and diploma levels.
To learn more about teaching abroad and TEFL Certification go to our form to request a brochure.